pregnant and sad to stop cambridge diet

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Without The Pounds' started by leeds123, 6 December 2008 Social URL.

1. leeds123

leeds123 Silver Member

hi

i have been doing cambridge diet for 8 weeks and lost one and half stone and i am near my goal of 11 st. however, i recently did a test and am pregnant. I am in the high eleven stone bracket and am terrified that i will gain everything i lost back.

please can someone help me get some perspective on my life please. I want this baby (i got pregnant straight away whihc i am reeling from!!!) but i was just getting my life back together with losing the weight and now i feel scared and sad and disappointed in myself. i feel i will re-gain it all and feel horrid again. sorry to whinge but the last few years i have been very down about myself and this last couple of months has been ggreat.

don't get me wrong, i am glad to be pregnant but am scared - and irrational! please help me find a way to keep my weight down!

MsJMC likes this.
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. 30FlirtyGirl

30FlirtyGirl Call me Nicky xx

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I posted on your other thread hun xx

4. MsJMC

MsJMC Strong women stay slim

Start Weight:
    17st3lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    I think SW diet , I know thats ok . have a look into that . you will be ok

5. Bea

Bea Back on the wagon!

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    16st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(6.53%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge +
    I was on LT - lost 65llbs - gained 40llbs while pregnant however I am back to where I started when the baby was 5 months......I didnt go back to LT.......but followed a low GI plan plus breast feeding.

Enjoy your pregnancy!!!

6. Prinzessin

Prinzessin Shoe Queen!

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(7.14%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Hiya,
    Perspective ....ok, I am losing all this weight just to get pregnant.
    My last and only pregnancy ended in a stillbirth. I was seriously ill.
    That was in March 2007 and Im still fighting the fight.
    You're pregnant, it's a blessing...a gift. Enjoy it, savour every last moment.
    Be strong, dont eat junk...just have a healthy diet, you can also exercise to help keep things in check. Swimming is fab when pregnant.
    Bottom line, I would personally do ANYTHING to be in your position right now.
    I really couldnt care less if I gained 50lbs when being pregnant...as long as I had a healthy happy baby at the end of it.
    Perhaps you should talk with the doctor or a nurse about your concerns, they are probably the most qualified to help in this situation and can advise on excatly what you should or should not be doing diet wise.
    I wish you lots of health and happiness xxx

uglyduck16 likes this.
  7. uglyduck16

uglyduck16 Full Member

Diet:
    RNY Gastric Bypass
    Hi i agree with Prinzessin, i know soooo many people that would chop their arm off to have a baby- you are so lucky to be pregnant and having a healthy baby.
    Talk to you CC - their are different eating options to follow- but you need to just be eating a healthy balanced diet for your baby, so if you put on weight whilst being pregnant- so bl**dy what at the end of the day, you can always loose it again afterwards?!
    Think possitively, you are going to have a baby- that toally rocks!!!!
    Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Xxx Lizzie xxX

8. leeds123

leeds123 Silver Member

OMG - thank you all. It has sunk in now and i cannot believe how selfish i was being. I am just so over emotional right now and cannot stop crying! My CD has confirmed i cannot do CD whilst pregnant and it is starting to sink in now.

I plan on doing the SW plan and to be honest I am just gonna try my best with the diet thing. Thank you for your replies and hopefully i will keep posting on here and getting great replies.

good luck in your journeys ladies and thank you for your messages. every single one helps.

9. MsJMC

MsJMC Strong women stay slim

Start Weight:
    17st3lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    Good luck with SW , you will have lots to eat on that and only baby weight you will gain !

10. 30FlirtyGirl

Diet:
    Slimming World
    make sure you stay on minis though Leeds123, we still want you to keep us updated on things xx

11. leeds123

leeds123 Silver Member

30flirty - are you pregnant too? I do plan on staying here but since i found out last week i have not planned what i am eating and have eaten whatever the kids and hubby are having. am gonna be more careful from today though.

12. 30FlirtyGirl

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Unfortunately I am not pregnant following a miscarriage in january, I learnt how much I want to be pregnant. I am hoping that 2009 may be the year for me.

I just love hearing about people who are preggars hoping that one day it will be me!!

13. uglyduck16

uglyduck16 Full Member

Diet:
    RNY Gastric Bypass
    Good luck with the SW diet, it is a very good eating plan to follow. If you are still pannicking about what to eat why don't you ask your doc to reffer you to a dietian (sp?!) for some more advice?
    Anyway good luck with your pregnancy and make sure you do keep posting on here, we will miss you if you go! And of course, we will want to see pics of your baby when she/he is born!!!
    Take care :hug99:
    Xxx Lizzie xxX

14. ScattyKatty

ScattyKatty Full Member

Diet:
    Slim Fast.
    I would recommend slimming world as a healthy eating plan while pregnant. Congratulations :)

15. saraian24

saraian24 Gold Member

Diet:
    Slim and Save
    Hiya leeds - remeber me? congratulations on your pregnancy and like the others i am longing to be pregnant! am ttc now even though im still overweight. Bugger the weight lovely and enjoy the prenancy, getting the weight off afterwards gives you a challenge. And if you keep at the slimming world plan and the breastfeed you will find you will gain hardly anything and bf will help get the lbs off!

16. ScattyKatty

ScattyKatty Full Member

Diet:
    Slim Fast.
    oh yes definately breast feed its the best way to lose weight after pregnancy. Seriously i went down to 8st bf.ing my daughter.

17. MoonLyte

MoonLyte Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st9lb
    Current Weight:
    19st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(4.5%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    First of all, I'd like to say congrats on the pregnancy.
    Secondly,SW will be great..you get so much free food, so much choice that it doesn't seem like you're dieting anyway.
    My friend followed SW when she was pregnant,and at her first weigh in after having Oliver,she weighed less than she did before the pregnancy :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.