Pregnant! is anyone else?

ykciv1985

As I have PCOS I thought it would take months or years to conceive, so me any my other half decided to give utterly a go and I went on a low gi diet and I caught 1st time! I am shocked and excited the test (I did 6 but one posh one coz I needed to see the word) said I am 2-3 weeks! Now I know these things can be very delicate for pcos suffers and I'm not sure what I should be doing. Continuing the low gi thing and doing the obvious but should I be getting medication? I only found out Sunday so haven't seen a Dr yet xxx excited vicky xxx

Congratulations! When I was pregnant I had to have a glucose tolerance test at 28 weeks and take baby aspirin daily but both of these were due to my BMI and a family history of diabetes rather than my PCOS specifically so you may not need to do anything different. Hth :)

Congratulations!!!! I am so happy for you :)

There is no medication to take because the hard part is done, all thats needed now is healthy eating to sustain the pregnancy which is the same as any other pregnancy. You need folic acid if ur not already taking it, I have 2 kids and was overweight for both, unfortunately I relaxed my diet and put on a huge amount cos I believed I could "eat for 2", you only need an extra 100 calories a day to sustain a pregnancy through the first trimester, so if you have weight to lose you can safely continue just as you have been to prevent risks later on. You can continue with the low GI diet right through your pregnancy as what's good or you is good for baby, but best get ur advice from the GP & Midwife :)

Thank you ladies, I'm now 4 months and *fingers crossed* so far so good :) So delighted, my other half calls it our miracle baby! Its really nice to hear that a lot of us pcos girls have had no problems! I spent a lot of time worrying and being sad about the idea that It might not happen for me, wish I could go back and tell myself to relax xxx

congratulations.. it doesn't happen for all of us, so it's great news when it does. low GI is good during pregnancy because essentially it's just a healthy diet, and I guess you're monitoring your iron levels anyway... all the very best and keep us posted.. you give us all hope

x

Back