Preparing in advance using the fridge

Mark1973

Hi

What sort of things do you all prepare in bulk to keep in the fridge? I was thinking of fruit salad and such like. I thought that salads might go limp and fruit salad would need storing in fruit juice.

Hi Mark, I make the Slimming World quiche.

Using fry light, fry up some onions, mushrooms, peppers and cherry tomatoes until softened. I also use quorn bacon slices sometimes as well. Transfer it all to a flan dish. Beat up 4 eggs, add half a tub of fat free cottage cheese to the eggs, add salt and pepper and pour over the prepared mixture in the flan dish. Bake at 180° for 30-40 mins or until it has set and the top has browned slightly.

This is so easy to make and it means I always have something to grab in the fridge that's syn free.

I like to keep the mini quorn sausages ready for when I'm peckish :)

I always make salads and fruit salads immediately before eating them. Once you have cut into fruit and vegetables, they start to lose their nutritional value.

I always keep a bowl of hard boiled eggs and some crabsticks in my fridge - quick, easy and filling!

Agree with Hard boiled eggs and quiche, also sometimes do the KFC chicken pieces that are syn free with Smash and have a plate of those in fridge as they keep a couple of days and i love cold chicken!

I am currently defrosting chicken, I will the. Marinade it in syn free yoghurt and spice blend and have little flavoured chicken bits for when I'm peckish :)

Sugar free jellies - I make up the hartleys packet ones make pour into small pots - snack sized!

I think a user on here called 'Zafira' makes up fruit pots successfully using things like grapes, melon, kiwi, blueberries, raspberries and strawbs. Most of these can be left whole and you could do varying pot sizes.
You could add a little diet lemonade to make a 'juice'? Or top with yoghurt for a more substantial snack/pudding.
In the summer I snacked on sliced pineapple from the fridge, it lasted ages!

hey elaine i made this quiche today it was scrummy, im just wanting to know i also made another sw quiche using reduced fat cheddar cheese and it said if not using this as HExA count it as 6 syns, but ive not had my HExA today but didnt have the full quiche to myself so what would i class as my HExA for the day?? sorry if ive confused you lol x

I make a weekly batch of the breakfast mini muffins - basically using up any veg (onion, mushrooms,toms, asparagus,etc) and add a bit of bacon - they are delicious and perfect to grab from the fridge when you want a snack or to take to work in your lunch box with salad.

Back