Preventing consitipation ?

Fibre clear and dulcolax if needed !

I tell you what i have noticed, this week since Wednesday ive been having 1 peanut flapjack a day and im as regular as clock work! i havent needed to take anything else, they say the water should help and a little bit of walking or something but i find the flapjacks do and they are lovely, your palette does change on this diet!

I have never managed to go naturally since I started a VLCD (was regular as clockwork before but I ate a stack of fruit that I think helped keep things moving). I've tried every fibre supplement known to man and none of them seem to help so now I take 3 Dulcolax Pico Perles a couple of times a week when I get that bloated feeling and I've been fine since then. I prefer them to the normal Dulcolax as I find them milder and they don't give me the stomach cramps I get with the original ones.

My pharmacist didnt advise me that she said it is normal to go every couple to few days not once a week!!! thats quite bad, surely that cant be safe for your bowels but im not a doctor so wouldnt like to say, the flapjacks defintely help me, im not sure if its the peanuts or what! but ive never had to take a fibre or anything as yet! however the more i get into the diet im not sure maybe your bowel does slow seen as we arnt giving it solids!!!

I find that if I leave it a week it's not a pleasant experience so I make sure I 'go' twice a week :)

I tried Movicol (still have about 50 sachets in the bathroom!) but after a few days of nothing happening taking 1 per day I gave up and resorted to the pico perles. How long do they take to work?

You can take a few at once... If i was 'struggling' I'd use 4 in a pint of water!!!

Probably wouldn't be too far from the loo for a few hours!!!

X

Back