Preventing constipation help!

I have used psyllium husks (holland & barrett) since week 2 and have had no problems since. Week 1 was painful!

Hi

Make sure you drink enough water. If I dont have enough water than I know about it.

Have not used anything to help other than the water.

Good luck

I have used dulcolax as I used psyllium husks and they did nothing I take one dulcolax every few nights when I know immginna be needing it and then in the morning it works it's magic undo get a bit of stomach ache but wud rather have that than pain of going :)

I have the PS hunks already had 4 day and within a week i was bunged up again... :cry:are there any vitamins i could take do u think? i so wnat to keep on top of this while im ssing again.

Thanx for your replies back x

I use the psyllium husks flakes from healthspan.co.uk , add a large teaspoon in my porridge make the porridge quite sloppy and then stir in the husks.

the tablet form never worked with me.

I use the psyllium husks flakes from healthspan.co.uk , add a large teaspoon in my porridge make the porridge quite sloppy and then stir in the husks.

the tablet form never worked with me.
oh right i will have a look ;) the only problem is i dont have porridges only shakes and bars?? what about oatbran daily? x

Agree also I drink a minimum of 3 litres plus my coffee ontop is a bonus if I have any !! Water is brill x

I also suffer terrible with constipation and found that dulcolax was the only thing that worked. Rather than taking 2 at a time i found that having 1 tablet every couple days made it more bearable. I dont know if u have used these but when you have 2 you really know about it. The stomach cramps are awful.

Back