Price of packets?

Saska

Silver Member
Hi, newbie here! I lost 1 stone before Xmas on the CD but have another 2 stone to go. I find the price of the weekly packets quite expensive although I know cheaper than LL. Does anyone know if the price is fixed by the counsellor or can one bulk buy them anywhere? Many thanks, Saska

Tks Jennifer.

So what do people pay for a weeks supply of packets?

It's pretty scary for there not to be a fixed price :confused:

It's their business, just like 2 different shops will sell an item at different prices. I have been to 3 CDC. 1 charged £42 for a weeks worth so 21 products but only 5 of them could be bars/tetras. The 2nd one charged £42 for a weeks supply with up to 7 bars and 7 tetras. My one now charges £42 for a weeks supply of soups/shakes and porridge but it's 30p extra for each bar or tetra you buy.

Even though the one i'm with now is most expensive - she's the most supportive!! which is why i have stuck with her :) x

Ahh ok makes sense.......I had no idea how it all worked so tks for the explanation. My CDC is really good and works with me so no complaints there.

Interesting. I was charged £44 for 21 days of soups, shakes and porridge. £2.10 per packet. Not that I will complain as I do like my consultant.

That's the dearest I've heard of but if you are happy then no problem. I pay 40 quid a week for soups/shakes/porridge.

£2 per item :)

£7 for the mix-a-mousse.

So it's £46-52 depending on how many I take. Good job it's not different prices as I take mostly tetras and plan to take lots of bars! x

im 40 a week for 21 soups/shakes/porridges

i pay £1.80 a sachet and £2 a bar x

£38 21 sachets x

I pay £1.85 for shakes/soups
or £2 for tetra/bars

I'm happy enough this this, and I don't think they make much out of it - I don't know exactly what the mark up is, but they don't get anything else from me - and they have a lovely room and scales etc which I guess they've paid out for...

On the one hand I'm probably spending a little more than I normally would for food in a month (especially as my OH is still eating meals which we'd normally share)

On the other hand though - I'm saving soooo much money on JUNK that I didn't need in my life - little snacks, drinks, extras.. meals out take aways, pub drinks, bar snacks, etc etc.. I don't even know how much I was throwing down the drain without even really noticing.. and the long term speding on food will be different too.. once I'm finished and learning to maintain I'm guessing I'll be spending far less on food in my lifetime now than I would have done. It'd be useful to get some kind of measure (like those ones that calculate how much money you'll save if you quit smoking)

x

I think my CDC is lovely she only changes my £40 a week for 28 products (4 a day), i have 28 tetras brixs.

Back