Me, Myself & I... Lower carb, fasting, real live foods

Was hard work yesterday spinning, followed by a busy day baking a large cake x4 the recipe for my son a lemon drizzle cake (hold the drizzle) has a cream cheese icing. Hope it tastes as good as the 2st 2 try's

Plus a white chocolate and lemon cheesecake too..

The lemon cake worked really well on Sat with kids party and a small (8 people) BBQ on Sat.. Today had 15 people for BBQ lunch and The white chocolate lemon cheesecake was really good! Glad so many people were round to share it with me... Also made beef patties with chorizo,chilies, onions, garlic etc - were so nice. Have had a busy few days ..

The lemon cake worked really well on Sat with kids party and a small (8 people) BBQ on Sat.. Today had 15 people for BBQ lunch and The white chocolate lemon cheesecake was really good! Glad so many people were round to share it with me... Also made beef patties with chorizo,chilies, onions, garlic etc - were so nice. Have had a busy few days ..

Making me drool lol. Hope you're son had a lovely day. Xx

Since May when this closed down, I've had loads of drama .. Had to have my appendix out 9th July 2015.. Emergency open appendix surgery .. Took 7 weeks to heal up fully.. 11 weeks of no exercise.. Started back with Kettlercise 1st week of September.. With 2.5kg bell and working my way back to my 6kg slowly, using my 4kg .., my stomach muscles are very weak so started a Pilates class beginning of October 2015, my balance on my right side is not good either.. I've also started spinning again since last week!

My weight after the operation was right down, but it's slowly creeping back up.. But I've gone down a bra size and knicker size.. Weird really.

I've also started with iodine supplements beginning of November 2015 (advised my doctor.. Who just rolled his eyes and sighed.. He said if you feel that they could help you go ahead, but that there was only antidotal evidence.) the reason for starting the iodine and the companion supplements was that it could/would / does help with menstral irregularities.. I have been having extremely heavy painful periods for the last 8 years .. Since my kids were born. I'm please to report that I've had the 1st normal period with out having to use conception to control it!! No pain, very mild cramps and my flow has been easily controlled .. No floods.. Or really heavy days.. No stopping in the middle and restarting a day later.. Just a constant flow that tapped off and disappeared! Yay!

Doing my normal patten of eating .. No wheat/ gluten etc paleo/ primal

Had scan today, have a hemorrhagic cyst on my right overy, not sure of the size .. But would explain the pain I've been having during my periods and also the intermittent pain I have on my right side., also I have issues with trousers with buttons (rocking legging and jogging bottoms at the moment) as the pressure hurts/ is uncomfortable.,I had thought that was due to my appendix scar etc ., but maybe not.

Will see what doctors says .. But iodine is meant to help with cysts .. So let's see what happens ., I think they will scan again in 4-8 weeks .,

I don't know what the doctors will say.. But I'm not going to start taking birth control again. Which is what the Nhs websites suggest. I've got a coil fitting for a non- hormonal on Friday.

I stopped BC Jan 1014 and my hormones and body have had a hard time since .. I wonder if perhaps I have low thyroid issues .. Just not low enough to be of concern? A lot of people who have thyroid issues have cysts too. In "general" thyroid issues are caused by having a deficiency in iodine. So maybe I cure myself lol

I've also thought (last few years) my adrenals are struggling - chiropractor keeps saying this.. But doctors won't consider testing cortisol levels..

My theory is that the doctors will suggest another blood test.. And re scan in 4-8 weeks .. As I was told they will have the results by mid next week. Waiting as always :)

Last edited:
Had acupuncture today for liver/spleen/ kidney issues and also weightloss.. Plus cupping and massage .. Said no to the herbal stuff as I'm taking enough supplements lol ., stomach feels kind of weird/ tummy is rumbling.. Hopefully it helps do something even if it only frees up my lymphatic/ digestive system ..

Hi MB, just came by to say hello. Sorry you have been having problems & hope you find some solutions so you can enjoy your body & feel good!

Back