Primal State? Thoughts On why you feel so good in ketosis?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by LynseyLou, 10 January 2008 Social URL.

1. LynseyLou

LynseyLou Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st7.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st1.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(7.71%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Does anyone ever think that the feelings that increase with Ketosis could be down to a Primal State?

I was having a discussion with some friends of mine about how wonderful I feel on ketosis, besides the scientific factor and what happens to your body which we all know about we were discussing if there is more too it than that.

For example the factors which I pesonally have experinced:

Sense of Smell is very sharp...I can smell a pack of crisps from 2 meters away

Sleeping well at night and waking up feeling very refreshed and energised

Bounds and Bounds of engry and feeling like I could run for Miles.

More Alert and aware of whats going on around me

One of the people i was chatting to said that they think its because to me its like your primal hunting insticts being finely tuned as your body is eating its stores and needs to hunt for food as its your natural instict...(not saying that you should eat thou as your packs are just fine for nutrients :D) For example everything is tuned in those ways as they are what you need to hunt with in Primal times

As I thought about it this seemed to make sence to me and I just wanted to know other peoples thoughts on this

:D

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Deb G

Deb G Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.56%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Got to be something in it. I do think that its nice of whoever created us to make us feel so good when we're (in essence) almost starving! I suppose it got our ancestors through periods of famine by still giving us the energy to still keep farming and hunting (like you said). EIther way - I'm glad - how could we manage on VLCDs without it???

4. amethyst

amethyst Banned

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.17%)
    Diet:
    CD
    yeah its quite right

our ancestors didnt eat a high carb diet if any at all.. it was all meat so they were in constant ketosis!! and they needed to be alert for their servival (sp)

makes alot of sense

5. k-nine

k-nine Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st2lb
    Current Weight:
    13st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Boots Diets online
    You didn't mention dog's breath and not being able to go more than two steps without having the need to wee!!

k9
    x

6. AmandaJayne

AmandaJayne Trainee Maintainer

I totally agree about the feeling of well-being. It was much more than the pleasure of losing weight. I too slept well and, ironically, stopped getting up during the night to go to the loo, despite drinking so much more water.

I not only felt physically light, but also mentally light.

Obviously, for me a diet high in carbs (sugar particularly) just leads to me feeling tired, depressed, and unable to sleep properly.

So that begs the question, why oh why have I returned to bad old habits again...

I hate feeling like this...

AJ

7. Time4ME

Time4ME MUST get a grip

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Ray Meers

I happened to catch the last ten mins of this earlier where he'd caught venison and was cooking it with rocks in a hole in the ground along with some sort of starchy root. He was discussing hunter gatherer instincts & diets of previous times.... I have to say when he sliced the cooked venison - I was dribbling full on!

8. LynseyLou

LynseyLou Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st7.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st1.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(7.71%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I think Carbs are a deffo no go for me but dont get down about eating carbs cut back and eat high protein you have done it before you know you can do it again before it goes tooo far! xxx

9. scousemouse0151

scousemouse0151 soon to be minnie mouse

Start Weight:
    11st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(6.49%)
    Diet:
    slim&save, tried everything in the past,failed expert on them all
    yes ketosis is the best free present i've ever been given lol

10. Camille

Camille Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st7lb
    Current Weight:
    17st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(14.98%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge diet
    Wow that makes so much sense!!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.