Princess's CD diary for thigh lift operation...

princess_cj

Hi everyone,

I've been on this forum for ages but tend to look and not post too much.. So an update on me and why I've started this diary.. as my signature says I got up to the whopping highest weight of 19.1stone when I was about 18, I lost 5.5 stone of this on weightwatchers over the course of about 2.5 years but got fed up of the slow losses, so I did CD for about 3 months when I was 20 and lost the remaining 2.5stone and got down to 11stone but have since been yo-yoing between 11-12.7. Luckily I carry my weight well and am still a 12, verging on 14 on bottoms at 12.7.

I was then very luckily granted a circumferential tummy tuck (so the scar goes all the way around to my back) on the nhs, and then about 2 years ago I self funded a breast uplift with implants, however I'm still really concious of the sagging skin on my inner thighs so on the 8th June I'm having a thigh lift and they are re-lifting some of the skin on boobs as they have started drooping again :(

So.... I'm back to CD, something which I honestly never wanted to do again but unfortunately since doing cambridge properly all those moons ago I have never been able to do a conventional diet because I just end up thinking, oh but I could start CD tomorrow and lose half a stone in a week.. apart from the fact that tomorrow never comes!

Anyway, no more excuses! I have 6 weeks to lose about 24lbs, I didn't weigh myself today so I don't know exactly what weight I am but I was 12.7 on Friday so presume I'm the same today, but the tape measure and my clothes are what I'm more fussed about really.

I actally started CD yesterday and was fine, yet today I ended up scoffing 2 chocolate bars, doritos and an egg sandwich?! I have no idea why I did this, my operation is costing me £8.5k so I cannot afford (literally) to not lose this weight and get down to a weight I am happy at by 8th June, so tomorrow I start properly with no slip ups, I need to go back to how I viewed CD first time around which was literally being petrified of knocking myself out of ketosis (I started questioning whether toothpaste was ok and wouldn't use flavoured lipbalm!)- 3 shakes/soups a day, water, black coffee, peppermint and green tea and NOTHING else.

So, let's hope I can do it. 6 weeks and 3 days till D-Day

xx

Good luck with it i'm sure you can do it! It's all about staying in the right frame of mind and keeping why you're doing it in your head :) i just started CD for the first time today after trying Scottish Slimmers a few times, the first time i lost 2 stone and put it all back on again after my summer holiday! and then i started again in january losing 6 pounds, aswell as putting on every other week and then losing again :( Anyway started CD today after the recommendation of my doctor (even though she said she shouldn't really be telling me to lol) Got a good bit to lose but i'm determined to do it :) xx

Hi Siobhan,

Thanks for your reply and good luck to you too!

It's funny how officially doctors are supposed to look badly upon diets like Cambridge but I think the ones with common sense realise that a vlcd is sometimes the only kind of diet that some people can stick to.

I'm sure you'll get to goal in no time, just don't
Do what I've done and fanny around! The first time really is the golden time so take advantage of it :)

X

Well it's nearly 10pm and I've managed to leave my blip where it was and not continue it to the point where I feel sick, maybe my mind is finally beginning to change a little? I haven't managed to stick to CD properly for more than a couple of weeks since the first time I did it, mainly because I'm not 'overweight enough' to really wind myself up about my appearance like I used to, however I have stopped going on nights out with friends in the last couple of months and haven't been eating healthy food either so I'm definitely not in a great place and seriously need to lose the weight and learn how to maintain at just below 11stone (I don't care if the scales say 10.13, as long as they say 10 something!) I refuse to spend all this money to still be unhappy, and I'm sick of being a broken record. What was the point in losing 8 stone if I'm still not happy.
Sort it out CJ and get your head in the game, fingers crossed tomorrow goes well..

Yeh i was telling my consultant today when i met her and she said she was really pleased that the doctor had recommended it to me! Think alot of the doctors are old skool when it comes to weight issues! She was also telling me today that places like Australia put people on the CD in hospital before they even consider gastric bypasses etc which i found interesting! It should defo be promoted more here :)

Thanks! i'm determined to do it, i know it will be tough at times but this is a gd place to come and talk to people in the same boat! xx

Well day 1 is nearly over again! Felt fine up until about 4pm where a nasty headache appeared and I felt quite weak. I ended up having a small packet of peanuts which whilst aren't CD friendly are at least very low carb so shouldn't delay ketosis too much... Not that I'll continue to have them, but I've discovered after many re-starts that it is easier to deal with getting into ketosis if you ease yourself in by reducing carbs for a couple of days as you get into SS. Just had my 3rd shake of the evening and a paracetamol, really hoping that this headache has gone by the time I wake up tomorrow morning..

Hope everyone is doing well, my boyfriend gas just made me turn off biggest loser USA so he can watch the bloody football, so a fun evening ahead for me ;)

Well week one over and I'm really pleased to say that I've lost 7lbs! I normally lose 8-9lbs in my first week but after the slip up on day 2 I'm really pleased with my loss :)

Only 18lbs to go now to get me to my goal of 10st10 for my op, I want to SS until about 5 days before the op and then move up the plans one day at a time so that I'm out of ketosis by the op date, not sure what bad effect ketosis could have on an operation but I can't imagine it's good for you. So, that gives me exactly 5 weeks today, that's an average of 3.6lbs a week which I may not do, but I'm not going to be too upset if I miss target by a lb or two, just need to keep my head down for 5 weeks and it'll all be worth it in the end :)

princess_cj said:
Well week one over and I'm really pleased to say that I've lost 7lbs! I normally lose 8-9lbs in my first week but after the slip up on day 2 I'm really pleased with my loss :)

Only 18lbs to go now to get me to my goal of 10st10 for my op, I want to SS until about 5 days before the op and then move up the plans one day at a time so that I'm out of ketosis by the op date, not sure what bad effect ketosis could have on an operation but I can't imagine it's good for you. So, that gives me exactly 5 weeks today, that's an average of 3.6lbs a week which I may not do, but I'm not going to be too upset if I miss target by a lb or two, just need to keep my head down for 5 weeks and it'll all be worth it in the end :)

That's brilliant well done! Keep it up :) xx

Not bad feeling a bit sluggish today! Looking forward to my weigh in tomorrow :) xx

Gahhh I an really struggling! I only have about 4 weeks left on SS before I have to start introducing food in preparation for my operation and despite knowing this and despite the fact I'm paying £8.5k for this operation I am still picking! A tablespoon of peanut butter and a handful of cereal here and there are not part of the plan and yes they WILL affect your losses!

I'm so bored and frustrated with myself, I feel like a broken record- yes the diet is hard but you've done it before, you can do it again. I'm just sick of the mind games that CD brings, it's not hunger so why do I think that eating is going to make me feel better? It's all psychological nonsense and the only thing that will make me feel better is losing a decent amount of weight ASAP!

Right, focus. Today's weight is 12.3, I HAVE to get to as close to 11stone by the 8th June as humanly possible. I have 4 weeks until I come off SS and work up the plans one day at a time, I can easily lose a stone in that time, if not that extra 3lbs too.

Rant over, just needed to air that (and no I'm not mad ;) )

Well since my rant I've been 100% apart from yesterday whereI had an extra shake, but it was still 'on plan' so to speak and I needed it so it was better than eating something! I've put my scales away and I will not be taking them out again until Monday morning for my weigh in, I weigh in the evening with my counsellor but like to know my 'true weight' so always weigh in the morning first!

I'm not sure what weight I'll end up getting to by my operation but I've stopped worrying about it... I messed up to start off with but things are really looking up and I've finally got my head into gear and have stopped picking. Hopefully I'll get to 11 stone which I'd be happy with as my ultimate goal is 10st10 so what's 4lbs in the grand scheme of things.

Hope everyone else is getting on well.

xx

Well since my rant I've been 100% apart from yesterday whereI had an extra shake, but it was still 'on plan' so to speak and I needed it so it was better than eating something! I've put my scales away and I will not be taking them out again until Monday morning for my weigh in, I weigh in the evening with my counsellor but like to know my 'true weight' so always weigh in the morning first!

I'm not sure what weight I'll end up getting to by my operation but I've stopped worrying about it... I messed up to start off with but things are really looking up and I've finally got my head into gear and have stopped picking. Hopefully I'll get to 11 stone which I'd be happy with as my ultimate goal is 10st10 so what's 4lbs in the grand scheme of things.

Hope everyone else is getting on well.

xx

Glad to hear you're back on track huni! If there's one thing this diet isn't - is easy! But the main thing is that you're focused again :) xx

Thanks poppet,

It took me about 2.5 weeks but I really do feel in the zone now, I'm not sure why but I'm not going to question it! Really looking forward to my weigh in on Monday// hoping to have shifted those pesky 3lbs and a couple more on top... fingers crossed! Normally if I come off plan for a few days I initally put the weight on but it does give your metabolism a kick up the behind and I tend to lose a decent amount the following week so it kind of evens itself out. x

Yeh maybe it just took u to go off plan to realise why you're doing it in the first place so now your head's back in the game! :) Hope you get a decent loss on monday! xx

Back