• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Private maternity

Honeyoc

Is a crunchy mama!
S: 13st13lb G: 9st9lb

possum

S: 18st3lb C: 9st13lb G: 10st10lb BMI: 21.8 Loss: 8st4lb(45.49%)
I had an Independent Midwife when I had my son. If you want to know anything about how that works, please ask away :)

If you want a private Obstetrician and private hospital birth, you'll have to pay full price for it as pregnancy/birth is excluded from medical insurance.

big bear

A bear on a mission!
S: 14st7lb
Is there something u want 2 tell us? lmao :8855:

snuggle69

Silver Member
S: 19st12lb C: 14st1.0lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 31.8 Loss: 5st11lb(29.14%)
Personally I wouldnt bother, unless money is no issue. I have had 4 babies with the NHS 3 of which were born between 12 and 6 weeks early, and the care that both they and myself had was fantastic x

Honeyoc

Is a crunchy mama!
S: 13st13lb G: 9st9lb
Thanks for the info guys! I'll let you knoe if there's any "news", will find out on Thursday! Eeeee!!!!!

big bear

A bear on a mission!
S: 14st7lb
Oh babe fingers & everything crossed 4 u X

SaraC

Pesky pescetarian from Australia!
S: 91.6kg C: 80kg G: 75kg BMI: 27 Loss: 11.6kg(12.63%)
Ohhh good luck Honeyoc, our little girl is the best thing that's ever happened to us :D

I agree with Snuggle69 though, I went through the NHS and my daughter was born 7 weeks early and I really doubt that I or my daughter could have got better care privately, but maybe that's just me?

Let us know ;) I am excited for you!!

possum

S: 18st3lb C: 9st13lb G: 10st10lb BMI: 21.8 Loss: 8st4lb(45.49%)
I agree with Snuggle69 though, I went through the NHS and my daughter was born 7 weeks early and I really doubt that I or my daughter could have got better care privately, but maybe that's just me?
The NHS offer a very high level of care for premature babies or where there are serious medical issues and if I were in that situation I would definitely be happy to be with the NHS. If you have private care and a complication arises, it's very easy to switch over to NHS - it doesn't mean you can't if you need to.

The NHS have some fantastic midwives working for them, however for an uncomplicated full-term pregnancy and delivery, I think independent midwives have many advantages.

S: 16st2lb C: 15st11.5lb G: 13st7lb Loss: 0st4.5lb(1.99%)
I do agree about the whole NHS thing (and not just cos I work for them! :)) I had both my boys on the NHS, one elective C section and one emergency, and I couldn't praise the care we had anymore. Still, it's entirely up to the individual, and if someone had paid for me to have them at the Portland, I would have jumped at the chance! Ha ha!

Fingers crossed for Thursday! :D