Problems feeling empty/ hungry also queasy

AnnTeak

For the last week I have had trouble with feeling full/ satisfied. It's ok for a while after I eat but an hour later I feel empty again and turn hungry which is also making me feel a bit sick/ queasy.

i am eating plenty of protein & drinking water and snacking during my danger time after school pick up.

for instance today I had turkey rashers & scrambled egg at breakfast, a tine of tuna & 2 hard boiled eggs at lunch, a light mini babybel & some cold chicken when I got home and tea was meatballs with mustard sauce & slim noodles which I ate about 2 hours ago but I am hungry now, my tummy is rumbling. I have had 2ltr water 1 cup of tea 4 skinny lattes at work which is about 2 mugs worth & a cherry Pepsi max. This is also making my tummy feel upset and queasy.

it is making me want to go to the kitchen and stuff carbs, banana biscuits & cake just to feel satisfied :(

Hello there Ann,

I would say, if you're hungry, eat more still. (does he now allow lite babybels?). Are you not having the oatbran any more? A good snack in the evening I find is a frozen yoghurt. I always have a stash of Dukan ok smooth yoghurts in the freezer and take one out 15 mins or so before I want to eat it. It's delicious and somewhat like having an icecream/sorbet and, best of all, it takes quite a while to eat helping us over those "hungry" moments.

Am I mistaken or did you have some not ok Dukan stuff this week? That might well have caused you to come out of [whatever we go into which isn't quite ketosis!].

Hang in there... and remember how we used to lose well on days we ate the whole chicken (minus the bones!)?!

x

No don't think the lite babybel is allowed but I couldn't resist! No I can't have the oat brand as I am intolerant to gluten, I have cheated a bit early this week but because I felt like this to see if it helped which it hasn't. I have made a mousse from sugar free jelly & yogurt (needs a bit of a tweak) and I also make a milkshake with 0% yogurt skimmed milk & jelly crystals but even that hasn't worked.

maybe I need to invest in a chicken or two!!!

For the last week I have had trouble with feeling full/ satisfied. It's ok for a while after I eat but an hour later I feel empty again and turn hungry which is also making me feel a bit sick/ queasy.

i am eating plenty of protein & drinking water and snacking during my danger time after school pick up.

for instance today I had turkey rashers & scrambled egg at breakfast, a tine of tuna & 2 hard boiled eggs at lunch, a light mini babybel & some cold chicken when I got home and tea was meatballs with mustard sauce & slim noodles which I ate about 2 hours ago but I am hungry now, my tummy is rumbling. I have had 2ltr water 1 cup of tea 4 skinny lattes at work which is about 2 mugs worth & a cherry Pepsi max. This is also making my tummy feel upset and queasy.

it is making me want to go to the kitchen and stuff carbs, banana biscuits & cake just to feel satisfied :(

i so felt this the first week I was doing this and now and again still....I bought yeast free multi vitamins and started eating even more protein & it seems to have done the trick...

I don't know whether the multivits are all in the mind but they make me have the feel good factor :)

xxx

No I can't have the oat brand as I am intolerant to gluten
I asked my mum to buy me some Oat Bran when I was last in the UK and because she thought it sounded "healthfoody" and "fancy" she got it from a Healthfood shop - it's a Gluten free brand called Glebe Farm. You should have seen her face when I said they sold it at Morrisons! Anyway, it's nice, you should give it a try :)

I have those days when I can just eat and eat and eat.
I have lolly moulds and make ice lollies out of flavoured teas to try to slow me down (must work in the same was as Jo's frozen yogurts). Also just try to distract yourself. It's not easy, but it gets better with practice

I have found that a sugar-free mint - you know, with the hole in middle - has really helped me with any queasiness whilst dieting.

Not too many, but one will just trick my brain a bit.

Thanks guys, feeling a lot better today not sure what that was all about really but I did manage to gluten myself last Sunday and didn't get my usual reaction but maybe that was a different reaction as it was only a tiny amount. Whatever it was it's gone now thank goodness.

thanks for the tip on the gluten free oat bran Shelly I used to use mine making muffins for my snack attacks which would really help, off for a google now! Xx

Back