Problems with oranges?

magsysmum

Hi everyone,

i was just wondering if anyone has had any problems losing weight after they have eaten oranges?

I've been losing regularly and had no problems, but just before christmas i got a real craving for oranges that have never left. Unfortunately the weight loss has stopped and i'm at a loss as to what else it could be.

Thanks in advance

Angela:wave_cry:

I can't see why they'd have any impact on your weight loss at all

You said in another post though that you lost 2lbs this week. That's brilliant that doesn't sound like a stopped weight loss.

I can't see how eating oranges will stop you losing weight. If anything, they'll make you go to the loo alot!!

There'll be something else which is stalling your weight loss - like Starlight said, post your daily food diary so we can have a look.

Have you tried not eating them for a week?
Anything else going on? Are you sleeping ok? Are you 'regular'? Are you exercising more or less? Under stress? Have you been tweaking at all? Are you getting your SF? It's gotten colder since December so are you drinking less?
(please don't be offended but could you be pregnant? Sorry if this is a touchy subject. We've had a few surprises in the forum recently x)

If it is the oranges perhaps it kills the enzymes or something?

i think some bodies react differently to different foods, i can eat tonnes of natural fat free yoghurt and feel great but if i eat a few mullerlights i blat like no tomorrow... its all about seeing what your body works with x

Did you stop eating them this week when you got you 2lb loss?

If not, then I guess it's not oranges!
If you haven't eaten them and you lost them maybe, maybe, they do have an effect on you. We are all different.

Sometimes our losses just come to a standstill, for no apparent reason but start moving again after a time, again, for no apparent reason.

As you have lost this week perhaps you are on the move again.
Let's hope so!

I'm not sure why this didn't occur to me yesterday...i think the season we're in is playing havoc with my M.E...i'm feeling really lousy today.

I know that can affect digestion and such, but i honestly thought it was something i had started eating or something i had changed.

I think my 2lb weight loss was my brain!!

Thanks everyone...;)

my hubby always tells me not to eat as many oranges as the citric acid blocks weight loss or soemthing to that effect - i am no expert but if u google it u may see the article my hubby found.

"Research has shown that citric acid can prevent the body utilising its carbohydrate stores and cause fluid retention".

found that i google, mind u there 99.9% of posts say oranges are good this was the only negative one i saw

Back