1 tsp deseeded and chopped fresh green chilli
1 tbsp freshly chopped coriander leaves
¼ tsp baking powder
Salt
Fry light

To serve:

Pinch of paprika

Instructions:

• Place the onions, gram flour, lemon juice, cumin, coriander seeds, green chilli, chopped coriander and baking powder in a mixing bowl. Season with salt and add a few tablespoons of water to form a thick batter that coats the onion. Leave to rest for 15 minutes and then, using your fingers, mix again to combine thoroughly.
  • Preheat the oven to 220c/Gas 7. Line a baking sheet with baking parchment and using your fingers or a dessertspoon, drop small mounds of the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet to give you 12 bhaji’s.
  • Spray with fry light and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden. Remove from the oven and serve immediately sprinkled with the paprika.
1 syn each on all plans

Last edited:
I have just made these tonight & they are absolutly gorgeous - really really do taste like the real mcCoy - Thanks for the recipe x

Wish id seen this before i made the curry lol

Just made these to go with my curry after reading another thread - thougth id take the opportunity to try out my new camera as well so ive attached a pic
by the way they are gorgeous!
010.jpg

the onion is fine without it being precooked - i have to say i read the recipe several times then wondered if i missed the bit where to pre-cook onion lol - so i just carried on and this was the result (i added a little tumeric for colour and some fennel seeds as i love the hint of aniseed)
beware they are a little bit moorish lol
V x

These sound delicious- will definitely be trying these ;)

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

julie19 said:
Onion Bhaji's

Ingredients:

200g/7oz onions, peeled, halved and thinly sliced
50g/2oz Gram Flour
1 tsp lemon juice
2 tsp ground cumin
1 tbsp coriander seeds, crushed
1 tsp deseeded and chopped fresh green chilli
1 tbsp freshly chopped coriander leaves
¼ tsp baking powder
Salt
Fry light

To serve:

Pinch of paprika

Instructions:

[*]Place the onions, gram flour, lemon juice, cumin, coriander seeds, green chilli, chopped coriander and baking powder in a mixing bowl. Season with salt and add a few tablespoons of water to form a thick batter that coats the onion. Leave to rest for 15 minutes and then, using your fingers, mix again to combine thoroughly.
[*]Preheat the oven to 220c/Gas 7. Line a baking sheet with baking parchment and using your fingers or a dessertspoon, drop small mounds of the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet to give you 12 bhaji's.
[*]Spray with fry light and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden. Remove from the oven and serve immediately sprinkled with the paprika.
1 syn each on all plans

I don't have gram flour and my Internet shop was out of stock- will plain flour work?

Kx

Well I used plain flour and although they didn't look attractive and I made 10 not 12 - they were bl**dy gawgeous

Kx

These are the same recipe as on Domestic Sluttery I think, we've just had them and they were BEAUTIFUL. Mmm. My only adjustment is adding the paprika before cooking rather than after

Back