Propoints shocker - can this be right?

Leesider

I wasn't very organised today - so grabbed a salad for lunch ( I saw checked the calories and it was approx 180 so decided it couldn't be too bad.)
It was a mixed leaf salad with balsamic dressing and a small portion of nuts.
I just pointed it there and it is coming out as 9 propoints - I thought maybe 5 at most.
Is there any other hidden low cal but high point foods that I should avoid - feeling quite depressed right now as my planned dinner will put me over my points.

I'm wondering if it was 180 calories per 100g and weighed more than 100g?
On the plus- despite the 9 points its a very healthy 9 points and maybe sometimes thats more important?
I had a similar nasty shock when I ate my parsnip soup for lunch today which I so lovingly prepared yesterday. Also 9 points (thought it would be FREE!!!) Was gutted and thinking of all the things I could have had for 9 points- half a small pizza / yorkie bar/ big roll and packet of crisps and so on. But parsnip soup (or salad and nuts) has GOT to be better for you health wise right?

An hour walk round the block is 3 points if that'll help you to not go over :)

You're right of course - it has got to be better for you. I checked again and it was definitely 9.
What was in the soup that made it 9 points? I would have assumed that it was free as well.

Parsnips are actually not free, they are pointed. Also I'm surprised that a tin of soup Heinz for example can be quite high in points for the whole tin :( x

I agree re the soups - when I was calorie counting, I was perfectly happy having my low cal soups soups for lunch ( with maybe 1 slice of brown bread or a mini bagel). On ww propoints, they always seem to work out very high in points.

I didn't know parsnips were pointed - another shocker for me - must really take a closer look at the pointed veg.

My soup was only made of parsnips! Lol. Basically parsnip puree in essence. Flipping 9 points!!
We're all doing good though, right? :)

Yes I didn't know until a read a thread also peas and sweet corn are pointed too x

shoot! I didn't know that. I've been eating sweetcorn like its going out of fashion! Ha

You have to be really careful with soups and salads. When you eat out most people think they are the safest options but they could be very high in points depending how they were made. A chicken caeser salad could be anything between 600-1500 calories. Soups could be laden with oil, butter and creams. Don't be afraid to ask the waiter how it was made. With salads, go for dressing on the side, no croutons, bacon or cheese. Ask for extra veg in it. In your salad Leesider, it would have been the nuts that would make it high in points as balsamic vinegar wouldn't be that many points.

I'm suprised at parsnip

The way I calculate it if it wasn't free on a Green Day in the programme that shall not be named then its probably not free on WW

Somehow you expect Potaoes, peas and sweetcorn to be pointed but parsnips?????

Ah well

What other suprises are in store for us?

I only found out by another thread on here as someone has put on weight and on the food diary and didn't point parsnips and had a reply of someone to say they are and I double checked on the Internet so yes it may be worth checking sometimes x

Back