Protein Advice Needed

ChrisPoole

Majorly Motivated Mofo
I am currently on the SW diet and as part of this I have been going to the gym 4/5 times a week and doing a lot of cardio training.

I was thinking about taking some kind of protein powder to help aid in my recovery however there are a couple of things I'm not sure about.

1) Would taking a protein powder work against the SW diet that I am currently on?

2) What would be the best protein powder for me to use and what are the main benefits of taking protein?

Thanks all!

Not an expert and not on SW but I highly recommend protein, it helps with muscle repair and growth among many other things. As for the best one, there are so many different kinds! Egg based, soy based, Whey based, hemp, pea etc.. I prefer whey protein, it's cheaper than most and a good choice for the weight-conscious as well as athletes due to its high protein and moderate carbohydrate content it also doesn't taste too bad. The only thing I would look out for are the ones with sweeteners and additives.
Do a little research online.

I use VegaOne but I'm still trying to find out how it would fit in to SW as it's all natural. It's only 146 cals a scoop so I might syn it for now, and if I have it with milk use that as my HEA. I'm not giving it up as it has everything I need, I don't see how it can work against SW if it fits in i.e. Syns, free or as a Healthy Extra. Good luck! Let us know if you find an answer

Back