protein shake breakfast?

I was wondering what people think about the following for breakfasts. I always struggle with breakfast and this usually throws me off plan. This fills me up till lunch so I adjusted some of the quantities so I could syn it. Any feedback would be helpful

1 scoop protein powder - 130cals -6.5 syns
200ml semi skim milk- a
28g oats - b
1 tbsp natural peanut butter- 4.5 syns
1\2 banana
2 tsps psyllium husk

I blend this all up and like I say it keeps me full from 8 till 1.30 when I have lunch.
For my other meals I will have home made veg soup, lean meats and veggies or homemade chilli with cauliflower shredded to substitute the rice.

Thanks in advance.

Don't forget you'll need to syn the banana too :) and is the psyllium husk free?? altho that'll be nearly all your syns used just for breakfast-are you ok with a whole day with only a few? Everyone is different :)

Last edited:
Don't forget you'll need to syn the banana too :) altho that'll be nearly all your syns used just for breakfast-are you ok with a whole day with only a few? Everyone is different :)

Hi, thanks for your reply.
Are bananas not free on extra easy? Or is it because it is blended? If so I think I'll eat that on it's own mid morning or afternoon.
I'm fine having free and super free foods for the rest of the day. It's alway been breakfast that has been a struggle for me and as long as I can fill up then I won't pick or succumb to sweets during the day x

Sent from my C5303 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi thanks for replying!
Does the banana have to be synNed because it is blended? If so I will just have that as a mid afternoon snack on it's own.
I'm fine with free and super free foods for the rest of the day and just drinking water and maybe lemon and ginger tea. The morning was always my downfall.
Hopefully this time I can stay on track!
Day one tomorrow!!
X

Sent from my C5303 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thanks for replying. Do I have to syn the banana because it is blended?
also I'm fine using all my syns in the morning, I'm good just having free and superfree foods for lunch and dinner. This shake is the only thing what seems to fill me up until lunch, if I hve cereal I'm starving an hour later, think it's all to do with blood sugars etc.

:)

Yep, thats right you have to syn the banana because it's blended, I'm not too sure about psyllium husk if that's syned or not.

I'm trying to think what else you could have instead for breakie, maybe if you wanted a change or to use your syns on something else, like say mince pies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How about a rice pudding with fruit?

Yes you have to syn any fruit that is cooked or blended.
I think having a shake kind of defeats the purpose of SW to be honest with you. Have you tried porridge or weetabix? They're much more filling than say cornflakes because of the fibre. Top it with sliced banana and mixed berries which are both SF. Then if you do need a mid morning snack have a piece of fruit and an alpen bar all of that will up your SF AND only use 3 syns.

.x.

Remember you should aim to have 1/3 of each meal as superfree if possible. The banana unfortunately won't count as superfree if it is blended.

Back