Protein shake diets?

Discussion in 'Very Low Calorie Diets' started by helm, 30 March 2011 Social URL.

1. helm

helm Member

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Diet:
    WW Vintage
    Hi all i really have hit a wall and need to kick start myself again. Was thinking of doing a month of protein shakes and one meal with lots of walking added in.

Has anyone done this and succeeded?

Where and what type of protein shake should i be looking for? (live in Ireland)

Please help me i need to loose 2 stone by July!!!!!! :cry:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. xxjoxx

xxjoxx Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st1.4lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8.3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7.1lb(10.69%)
    Diet:
    lipotrim
    Hi im doing lipotrim, its really good diet, you have 3 shakes a day and between 2-4 litres of water, i have lost a stone in just over 2 weeks im chuffed to bits as getting married in august and want to be slim bride
    Good luck with which diet you pick:)

4. helm

helm Member

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Diet:
    WW Vintage
    Thanks for your quick reply XXJOXX.I tried lipotrim last year and only lasted 3 days before i got seriously ill from it.:(

I would love to do it again but i know i need protein to keep me going.

You are doing great!! Well done!!
    You will be a beautiful bride no doubt.;)

5. eye6769

eye6769 Vegetarian who lives2eat

Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    SW
    Hiya, I am doing Optislim, 2 shakes 1 meal plus snacks, my meal is usually just protein and vegtables, losing 1lb per day so far, only day 10. I live in the north and not too many places stock it but Amazon is the cheapest and do free delivery. Feel free to ask if I can help with anything.

6. shazza87

shazza87 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st12lb(21.98%)
    Diet:
    calorie counting
    hey, doing a normal low cal diets u can loose over 2 stone- roughly 2lbs per week for july. i am eating 1500 cal per day and have lost 3 1/4lbs this week. and this is not stoping eating the things i like.

7. Kayej221

Kayej221 New Member

Hi I've just read how ur doing and ur doing really well, I've started doing a shake diet, I'm using adsa measure up and biggest loser, as I brought bl first then found asda after and it's a lot cheaper, im eating about 700/800 cals per day, I was wondering if what u use is the same sort of thing, so far I've been on it 5 days and lost only 2lb , a little disappointed, I've also today started taking zotrim to help but can't really notice if they work or not, sorry any mistakes I'm a newbbie not sure what I'm doing yet ha

8. eye6769

Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    SW
    Yes I think they are the same sort of meal replacement shakes, I am on about 1000 cals per day though thats what Optislim recommend . I am not eating carbs though, my calories are coming from fruit veg quorn cheese , I am not eating any bread potatoes or rice, dont know if that is why I am losing so fast, well as long as it works I will carry on. I do make homemade soup just with vegetables and a stock cube and that fills the gap between meals. 10lb in 10 days so far, I know your not supposed to weigh everyday but I just cant help it.

9. Kayej221

Kayej221 New Member

Thanks for getting bk to me, with reading what you have just said, I think I'm making a mistake by still having a few carbs I.e potatoes, I'm going to leave all carbs out now and see what happens, good luck for ur weekly weigh in

10. eye6769

Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    SW
    There is still carbs in the drinks and some vegetables have carbs in so you are not going to cut them out completely. Give it a try , plenty of salad or green vegetables not too many carrots or parsnips etc and see how you get on.

11. helm

helm Member

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Diet:
    WW Vintage
    Well done eye6769!! That is excellent loss so fast.

Shazza do you just calorie count and stay under 1500 calories per day?What would you typically eat in a day?

Sorry girls im full of questions. Just need a quick start and see results so i stick with it. Im one who fluctuates every day,i could loose 3lb one day and put on 5lb the next!! :(

I am my own worst enemy i know for not just eating healthy but i need quick fixes.I have holidays coming up and so need a good start.

12. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Exante has 2 options you can do all shakes (600kcals a day) or you can have 3 shakes and a low cal, high protein meal a day (1000kcals) or what a lot of people do is predominently have the shakes only but know theres the meal option if they want it :)

13. WeightLoss4Me

WeightLoss4Me Member

Would you guys recommend shakes for me. Im new to dieting, weigh 21 stone and looking to drop around 5-6 stone in 3-4 months not sure how likely this is. Will be doing plenty of excercise at the gym. could anyone also recommend meals to have day to day as well ?

Thanks

14. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Even on a VLCD 5 - 6 stones in that time scale is very unlikely. With a VLCD you can lose about a stone a month. No diet is going to give you such a massive loss in that time frame....

Youre also limited to what exercise you can do on these plans as your calorie intake is so low

15. pixar

pixar has to be done this year

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st6lb(25.67%)
    Diet:
    did fl4i, then exante now back on WW
    i was planning on doing slim fast, having a small breakfast for around 300 kcals which would be bowl of muesli and semi skimmed milk and for lunch and dinner have the shakes, so roughly around 750-800 kcals a day. My question was would I have the same weight loss doing slim fast and limiting to the calories to around 700-800, compared to the famous 'herbal life', extante, cambridge, lighter life shakes? What is so different about these shakes compared to slimfast?

16. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    No you wouldn't. Slimfast is a totally different diet altogether. The VLCDs have all the nutrients etc that you need. You really can't just drop your cals to a VLCD level and expect the same losses.

With a VLCD you go into ketosis and burn fat they're also structured to make sure that although you're not having a high calorie intake you won't make yourself I'll

Slimfast isn't a VLCD and shouldn't be done as one

You could do Exante working solutions which is 3 shakes and a low cal high protein meal totalling 1000cals and you'd lose around 10lbs a month

I think the losses on slimfast are very similar to WW

17. pixar

pixar has to be done this year

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st6lb(25.67%)
    Diet:
    did fl4i, then exante now back on WW
    ok thanks for that starlight

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.