• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Protein shake diets?

Hi all i really have hit a wall and need to kick start myself again. Was thinking of doing a month of protein shakes and one meal with lots of walking added in.

Has anyone done this and succeeded?

Where and what type of protein shake should i be looking for? (live in Ireland)

Please help me i need to loose 2 stone by July!!!!!! :cry:

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

xxjoxx

Hi im doing lipotrim, its really good diet, you have 3 shakes a day and between 2-4 litres of water, i have lost a stone in just over 2 weeks im chuffed to bits as getting married in august and want to be slim bride
Good luck with which diet you pick:)

Thanks for your quick reply XXJOXX.I tried lipotrim last year and only lasted 3 days before i got seriously ill from it.:(

I would love to do it again but i know i need protein to keep me going.

You are doing great!! Well done!!
You will be a beautiful bride no doubt.;)

eye6769

Vegetarian who lives2eat
Hi all i really have hit a wall and need to kick start myself again. Was thinking of doing a month of protein shakes and one meal with lots of walking added in.

Has anyone done this and succeeded?

Where and what type of protein shake should i be looking for? (live in Ireland)

Please help me i need to loose 2 stone by July!!!!!! :cry:
Hiya, I am doing Optislim, 2 shakes 1 meal plus snacks, my meal is usually just protein and vegtables, losing 1lb per day so far, only day 10. I live in the north and not too many places stock it but Amazon is the cheapest and do free delivery. Feel free to ask if I can help with anything.

hey, doing a normal low cal diets u can loose over 2 stone- roughly 2lbs per week for july. i am eating 1500 cal per day and have lost 3 1/4lbs this week. and this is not stoping eating the things i like.

eye6769 said:
Hiya, I am doing Optislim, 2 shakes 1 meal plus snacks, my meal is usually just protein and vegtables, losing 1lb per day so far, only day 10. I live in the north and not too many places stock it but Amazon is the cheapest and do free delivery. Feel free to ask if I can help with anything.
Hi I've just read how ur doing and ur doing really well, I've started doing a shake diet, I'm using adsa measure up and biggest loser, as I brought bl first then found asda after and it's a lot cheaper, im eating about 700/800 cals per day, I was wondering if what u use is the same sort of thing, so far I've been on it 5 days and lost only 2lb , a little disappointed, I've also today started taking zotrim to help but can't really notice if they work or not, sorry any mistakes I'm a newbbie not sure what I'm doing yet ha

eye6769

Vegetarian who lives2eat
Hi I've just read how ur doing and ur doing really well, I've started doing a shake diet, I'm using adsa measure up and biggest loser, as I brought bl first then found asda after and it's a lot cheaper, im eating about 700/800 cals per day, I was wondering if what u use is the same sort of thing, so far I've been on it 5 days and lost only 2lb , a little disappointed, I've also today started taking zotrim to help but can't really notice if they work or not, sorry any mistakes I'm a newbbie not sure what I'm doing yet ha
Yes I think they are the same sort of meal replacement shakes, I am on about 1000 cals per day though thats what Optislim recommend . I am not eating carbs though, my calories are coming from fruit veg quorn cheese , I am not eating any bread potatoes or rice, dont know if that is why I am losing so fast, well as long as it works I will carry on. I do make homemade soup just with vegetables and a stock cube and that fills the gap between meals. 10lb in 10 days so far, I know your not supposed to weigh everyday but I just cant help it.

eye6769 said:
Yes I think they are the same sort of meal replacement shakes, I am on about 1000 cals per day though thats what Optislim recommend . I am not eating carbs though, my calories are coming from fruit veg quorn cheese , I am not eating any bread potatoes or rice, dont know if that is why I am losing so fast, well as long as it works I will carry on. I do make homemade soup just with vegetables and a stock cube and that fills the gap between meals. 10lb in 10 days so far, I know your not supposed to weigh everyday but I just cant help it.
Thanks for getting bk to me, with reading what you have just said, I think I'm making a mistake by still having a few carbs I.e potatoes, I'm going to leave all carbs out now and see what happens, good luck for ur weekly weigh in

eye6769

Vegetarian who lives2eat
There is still carbs in the drinks and some vegetables have carbs in so you are not going to cut them out completely. Give it a try , plenty of salad or green vegetables not too many carrots or parsnips etc and see how you get on.

Well done eye6769!! That is excellent loss so fast.

Shazza do you just calorie count and stay under 1500 calories per day?What would you typically eat in a day?

Sorry girls im full of questions. Just need a quick start and see results so i stick with it. Im one who fluctuates every day,i could loose 3lb one day and put on 5lb the next!! :(

I am my own worst enemy i know for not just eating healthy but i need quick fixes.I have holidays coming up and so need a good start.

Would you guys recommend shakes for me. Im new to dieting, weigh 21 stone and looking to drop around 5-6 stone in 3-4 months not sure how likely this is. Will be doing plenty of excercise at the gym. could anyone also recommend meals to have day to day as well ?

Thanks

pixar

has to be done this year
i was planning on doing slim fast, having a small breakfast for around 300 kcals which would be bowl of muesli and semi skimmed milk and for lunch and dinner have the shakes, so roughly around 750-800 kcals a day. My question was would I have the same weight loss doing slim fast and limiting to the calories to around 700-800, compared to the famous 'herbal life', extante, cambridge, lighter life shakes? What is so different about these shakes compared to slimfast?

No you wouldn't. Slimfast is a totally different diet altogether. The VLCDs have all the nutrients etc that you need. You really can't just drop your cals to a VLCD level and expect the same losses.

With a VLCD you go into ketosis and burn fat they're also structured to make sure that although you're not having a high calorie intake you won't make yourself I'll

Slimfast isn't a VLCD and shouldn't be done as one

You could do Exante working solutions which is 3 shakes and a low cal high protein meal totalling 1000cals and you'd lose around 10lbs a month

I think the losses on slimfast are very similar to WW

pixar

has to be done this year
ok thanks for that starlight