Induction Protein Shakes

gwen456

Hi

I was wondering if anyone could recc a high protein/low carb ready to drink shake & a powder version too ? I'm currently wanting to do a shake for breakfast as its quicker & perhaps have a ready to drink one as back up when out & about ? So far i have tried the Atkins strawberry yogurt drink & the choc one & they really weren't great.. I have tried the choc powder one this morn & its nice, but wondered if there were any other makes / types & wheres cheapest to buy them from ?

Thanks Gwen x

Morning,

I used powder from my protein. Not keen on chocolate ones so I use the vanilla cookie flavour and whizz up with almond milk, a bit of flaxseed and and some nuts. X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Morning,

I used powder from my protein. Not keen on chocolate ones so I use the vanilla cookie flavour and whizz up with almond milk, a bit of flaxseed and and some nuts. X

Thats where i bought mine, i got my vitamins from them this week for a matter of fact lol.
Is the Cookie flavour any good? when i tried the chocolate mint one is tasted of areos, added abit of no fat yogurt to that froze it and it was like icecream heh heh :D

is 'my protein' a website then ? and if so which specific product did you buy and what are the carb/protein quantities like please ? thanks gwen x

Yea it is a website the one I currently have is the diet whey. I usually just have half a serving which is about 24g or one scoop

image-2308063476.jpg

I can't look right now, but, myprotein has some protein powders much lower in carbs than 8g a serving! There is one that is around 1.5g/2g carb per serving, and 0.5g extra if you have flavoured versions. I have the raspberry one and it tastes great. Their "diet" one isn't suitable for low carb diets, the carb is pretty big. I *think* the one i have is "Impact whey protein".

I use My protein powders all the time.Its the true whey i use, I have used choc. choc and mint and my recent one is toffee fudge and i must say its the best. I would defo recommend using My protein. Here is some nutritional info for the powder i use :
Per 25g:
Energy: 412.0kJ
Energy: 98.0Kcal
Protein (as-is): 19.0g
Carbohydrates: 1.8g
of which sugars: 1.5g
Fat: 1.7g
of which saturates: nil
Dietary Fibre: 0.3g
Sodium: 0.0g
Digezyme®: 50.0mg
Lactospore®: 100.0million

Hope this helps

Hi, ive done quite a bit if research into various whey proteins as I weight train and live on LC diet. So, I use PHD Pharma whey protein HT, it has 1.1g carbs per serving which is one scoop and 18.2g protein, you can have a super serving which is double. I split servings pre-workout and post workout to retain muscle, as muscle uses a huge amount of calories and are an inferno to body fat, the more muscle you build, the faster you lose and tone at the same time.

PHD diet whey has slightly more carbs at 2.7g and 17g protein per scoop. There great for quickness and snacks too, take a scoop in a Tupperware box to work.

I also use protein powder in muffins etc

Hi, ive done quite a bit if research into various whey proteins as I weight train and live on LC diet. So, I use PHD Pharma whey protein HT, it has 1.1g carbs per serving which is one scoop and 18.2g protein, you can have a super serving which is double. I split servings pre-workout and post workout to retain muscle, as muscle uses a huge amount of calories and are an inferno to body fat, the more muscle you build, the faster you lose and tone at the same time.

PHD diet whey has slightly more carbs at 2.7g and 17g protein per scoop. There great for quickness and snacks too, take a scoop in a Tupperware box to work.

I also use protein powder in muffins etc

I just use whatever my husband gets as I only use occasionally buy he has mentioned the phd one before, think its more expensive than the myprotein stuff though, but you get what you pay for u guess x

Myprotein is an excellent site. True Whey toffee fudge is excellent. I've always wondered what it would be like stirred into greek yoghurt but i've never attempted it...yet.

As for RTD, they are expensive and it's hard to find decent low carb ones which aren't full of rubbish.

The best i've found are:

Labrada Lean Body RTD 12 x 500ml | The Supplement Store

and

Calories in Myoplex - Myoplex Carb Sense Ready-to-Drink | Nutrition and Health Facts

Last time I looked they had the carb sense ones singularly in Holland and Barrett shops.

Yeh it can be expensive but I normally buy it from Tesco or The Nutri Centre when it's on offer, the government have also decided to increase the cost of proteins by 10% !!!!!! :0( idiots!!!
but then again when you divide the number of servings against the cost, it's a cheap meal, cheaper than buying lunch and snacks etc, so its an investment I think, plus if yr starving its brilliant rather than grabbing a 'no no' item.

Amazon is the cheapest :0)

After years of trying lots of different ones, I'm now using Myprotein Impact Whey. Very low carb, and good value for money.

Back