Protein - Tuna in sunflower oil?

Want2BeSlim

Gold Member
Does anyone know if it's ok to have tuna in sunflower oil? (drained of course! lol). Just wondering about this because at some point I am going to try 3 packs a day with the protein meal, veg and vitamin.

With my order I got the sheet explaining what we can have re veg and protein. It says fresh or tinned tuna but doesn't state what the tinned has to be in.

I thought maybe we wouldn't be allowed it in sunflower oil because it would have more calories, but I just checked a tin in my cupboard and 100g drained is about 142 calories which is about the same as the S&S meal I'll not be having. I also read in another thread to have tuna in spring water so bit unsure.

I've always been told it must be in water. Not really sure why, but I'm sure someone will be on later to explain x

Oil would add lots of extra calories, I would stick to water myself xx

I thought it was spring water too. I haven't had tuna yet but I've bought tuna in spring water ready for when I do.

The fat content in tuna with sunflower oil drained is way higher than in spring water - as high as 11.5g in some tins

Back