proving people wrong about you!

bexx12

I have always wanted to lose weight since I gained it and even when I was slim. I tend to think people don't want me to succeed other than my family. This can be for reasons such as they feel bad about themselves, they are jealous or they just plain hate seeing me and other people succeed. I want to do this for myself, but also for people to see that them trying to put me off is not going to stop me from getting to my goal. Anyone else feel the same?

I was told a lot when I was younger that I would "never" be slim, I was "naturally" big with "big bones" and a "broad back" (I have no idea whether that's true - I'm so fat I don't know what my natural build is.) So I want to lose the weight just to show I can do it

Annanana said:
I was told a lot when I was younger that I would "never" be slim, I was "naturally" big with "big bones" and a "broad back" (I have no idea whether that's true - I'm so fat I don't know what my natural build is.) So I want to lose the weight just to show I can do it

That's really good. I always felt like that and because I was always curvy people used to call me 'chubby' rather than fat. I never really got teased but people mention my weight a lot thinking I won't be hurt by it. Saying how I used to be skinny and things. What diet are you on? X

I'm on Slim & Save (a VLCD with meal replacements) because I want to break my addiction to food. When I get down by a few stones I might switch to Slimming World instead ...

Yeah I've done things before with meal replacements. I did slim fast previously and lost a stone in a couple of weeks. I think they are a good start to a diet as you can begin to see a change in yourself. Slimming world has been amazing though and couldnt imagine eating any other way now. How much do you have to lose?

I started off with 5 stone 13 to lose to get back to my old weight. I have 4 stone 5 left to lose of this.This would be a healthy weight but would probably want to lose a little bit more once I get to this, maybe another half a stone so around 5ish left. Hopefully doesnt take too long as I just want to feel comfortable with myself

People are naturally jealous. I have a friend who lost loads of weight a few years ago and I was really jealous for a long time instead of doing anything proactive. And full props to her, she's kept it off off for about 7 or 8 years. :) I lost weight a few years ago too and I had a few of my friends be jealous. The fact is that losing weight is a decision you make for yourself and when you are ready, you'll do it. :)

Yeah I agree with that, I used to try and lose weight just to stop feeling jealous and other similar reasons. Now I'm doing I because for once I actually want to and its just a bonus I can prove people wrong. I feel so differently about losing weight this time, I don't know what clicked but I know ill do it

Back