Psylilium Husks

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Lolly90, 31 March 2008 Social URL.

1. Lolly90

Lolly90 Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Anyone know about these?
    Seen a few threads on them and heard they can be added to shakes/soups but can't find out much about them in terms of the CD
    Help! lol
    Lo ..x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. jane

jane Opinionated

Diet:
    cambridge
    what d'ya want to know?

4. Chika

Chika Silver Member

Start Weight:
    26st10lb
    Current Weight:
    25st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(4.01%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    They have no nutritional content so are fab to add to shakes to keep things moving. You can use them to make a kind of porridge or just add some to your shakes. You can get them from Nutrition for Life | Healthspan for about £6 for a big tub. HTH

5. Lolly90

Lolly90 Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I've heard that you need more water when you have it? And can I have them with all three shakes/soups or is there a limit? ..

6. aellon

aellon Back Again

Start Weight:
    16st13lb
    Current Weight:
    16st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    CD
    I put a heaped teaspoonful in each of my shakes (I have 3 shakes & 1 bar a day). I think they improve the texture but don't leave shake too long as it can go gloopy at the bottom after about 10 minutes.

Also I hard fierce constipation in the early days of the diet so I wouldn't be without the husks now, they keep me regular...if you can call 1-2 times a week regular. Sorry for lowering the tone!

7. Lolly90

Lolly90 Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Lol it's fine ..
    Part and parcel of the diet!
    Do you increase the amount of water that you have a day? As I hear that you should, and I'm struggling with 2.25ltrs at the moment!
    Lo ..x

8. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

you should drink an additional 250ml before and 250ml after having it (minimum) so that it can do its work properly

9. BIG BIRDY

BIG BIRDY Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    I have 1 1/2 dessertspoons of husks made into porridge 3 times a day. (or twice if I have a bar) Without the porridge I would have gone crazy.

10. mandye

mandye Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    10st13lb(50.83%)
    Diet:
    CAMBRIDDGE DIET SS
    I have to say I love the porridge vanilla is my fav .Be careful you can get psyllium husk powder (which i dont like taste of )or some with things added you want just the husks. I find 200ml hot/warm water and 2 teaspoons husks and 1vanilla shake and wizz for full 1 min or so is about perfect but you will have your own pefect lol.

I get mine from a ebay shop find them cheaper on there forgoten which on but will look it up and get back to you all xxxx

there ebay id is 1313herb 250g for 4.25 + 1.85 p+p

11. Lolly90

Lolly90 Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Thanks ladies!
    Just ordered a small amount of the powder to see how I get on with it!
    Going to call my CDC though because he's quite strict.
    WI tomorrow! Well an informal one for me anyway. To see how much I've lost after seven days. I'm off to buy a new pair of scales, mine have just given me four different readings! ¬_¬ (Couldn't help just checking quickly! Becoming a bad habit!)
    Lo ..x

12. FunellaFox

FunellaFox Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st0lb
    Current Weight:
    19st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    reductil
    Just ordered mine as well!!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.