Psyllium Husk Tablets

Felix

Gold Member
I've got some psyllium husk tablets from Holland & Barrett today after reading other people taking them and giving good reviews. The Cambridge fibre doesn't work well for me and I always get constipated!

The only thing is on the back it says take 2 tablets at a time three times a day, 30 minutes before food with 240ml water. This seems like a lot of tablets to take a day! Should I be taking this many a day?? Or less? Someone help me please!! :)

I take this many and it really helps. It keeps things moving nicely and I never have a problem :D

I started off taking the recommended amount but seem to have settled with just taking two tablets a day now and that seems to work fine.

I buy the loose husk online from Healthspan. This can be added to shakes and soups to give them a thicker, creamier texture whilst also bulking them out therefore making them more filling.

When I was on Cambridge psyllium husk saved me from giving up. Suddenly with 1-2 tsp of husk and a bit of extra seasoning the soups tasted delicious! And the shakes - one or two added sweeteners, 1-2 tsp of husk, extra water if needed until desired texture is obtained... mmmmmmm.

All this and extra fibre for digestive health (i.e. to help us 'go'! ha ha).

Thank god i found this thread! I had real trbl 'going' (i used to eat so much veg i think my body is really missing it) i bought some senakot. Then i had the total opposite problem and got a v dodgy tum. Straight to holland and b for me tomoz, thanks guys :)

Straigth to H&B for me too tomorrow lol

I would just like to say, God bless you Psyllium husks! Had first two at lunch and they have already worked (sorry tmi!) and i feel so much better. I will be trying the recommend dose to start with but it seems it may be unnecessary. Whatever, hellooo non-bloated tummy :)

Back