psyllium husks

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by chaadan, 22 March 2007 Social URL.

1. chaadan

chaadan Full Member

just looking at psyllium husks on ebay and they only seem to be whole ones,is this no good do i need the powered form,if anyone can help:confused:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Karen

Karen Serial Foodie!

Start Weight:
    19st7lb
    Current Weight:
    18st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(6.96%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    if u r buying it to make porridge or thicken shakes/soups then u need powdered. otherwise, dont see the harm in tabs xx

4. Podgey

Podgey Full Member

Diet:
    waiting for op date
    I have never heard of these things what are they?

5. Karen

Karen Serial Foodie!

Start Weight:
    19st7lb
    Current Weight:
    18st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(6.96%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    http://www.healthspan.co.uk/shop/product.aspx?Id=C-PH

this tells u.

basically helps prevent constipation AND makes a yummy porridge....

u can make a porridge with packs using it. blend/whisk 300g hot water and 1 shake pack(add sweetner and/or cinnemon if ya like) . then add 2 generous tablespoons of the husks and stir til its thick and porridgey.... very filling and keeps u "going" :)

6. daisymay

daisymay Member

I get mine from a local Asian/Indian supermarket. You can get a good size box for under £2 which lasts for ages, the ones on ebay are usually the capsules wich are really expensive, but the powder can just be added to anything.

Linda xx

7. lindylou

lindylou Silver Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers

Bloomin heck thats some back door problem you have Karen - thats twice as much as I use :eek: - I use 400 ml hot water and 2 dessertspoons of PH for a readybrek/semolina consistancy. ( and thats still overdosing - tub says to use 1 heaped dessertspoon daily for 10 days)

I'd have to wear asbestos pants and bicycle clips round me ankles using that much PH. :D

8. lipotrimmer

lipotrimmer Full Member

Hi Linda,

Its good to know that you get it from Asian/Indian shops. May be I can do the same too. But what should I ask for in these shops. Are they called Psyllium Husk or anything else?

Thanks in advance for your help

9. Karen

Karen Serial Foodie!

Start Weight:
    19st7lb
    Current Weight:
    18st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(6.96%)
    Diet:
    Atkins

LOL!!

i only have it every few days. thats russian dolls recipe and i find it works perfectly. nowt wrong with my back door LOL

10. demon

demon Cambridge Diet Counsellor

Tried the powder and really didn't like it..............won't tell you what Mr.D said it looked like :sick:

The tablets work just fine and like karen, there's nothing wrong with my back door either [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.