Psyllium husks

Discussion in 'Atkins Diet' started by Sarah_P, 1 March 2009 Social URL.

1. Sarah_P

Sarah_P Happy to be slim at last

Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    Low Carb
    A question for those of you already using PH. I have been taking them now for 3 days. My ones (Solgar) say take 2 a day. Well I have increased this to 4 a day. 2 in morning and 2 before evening meal and it's been 3 days and so far they are not doing what they should :eek:.

I am worried that they will be making me retain lots of water as 8 of these in my system has to have absorbed quite a lot of water.

Do you think it will be ok to increase the dose or should I give it a couple of days and see what happens?

Sukie, I know you said you are using 3 before each meal. What was the dosage of yours? Mine are 500g per capsule.

IB, I know you use the husk powder. How much do you use?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. sukie sue

sukie sue this is My time to shine!

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4lb(20.54%)
    Diet:
    lighter life /slim and save
    its 100% psylium husk but doesnt give amt per capsule oh just checked again and it sais they are 1 g fibre per capsule , are you sure they say 500g ? thats allot of weight for one capsule, are you drinking allot of water when you have them it does say to take a few large glasses when you take them , im thinking this shd be on top of the water we shd be having anyway.
    hope it sorts itself hunnie , mind i have found that im not as 'regular' the last 2 days since im only really having 1 meal , ive just put that down to not having as much physical food to move ????

4. Sarah_P

Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    Low Carb
    Hi Sukie, i did think that only one meal is still not a lot to move. They are 500mg, they are these ones Solgar - Psyllium Husks Fibre Capsules

I am drinking lots after I take them, but haven't increased my 4L, so maybe I should try that.

I think I will stick with taking 4 a day and see how things go.

How are you getting on with your mix of diets? Are you hungry during the day?

5. sukie sue

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4lb(20.54%)
    Diet:
    lol thats better , i did think how on earth do you fit 500 g in a single capsule :D
    so im guessing 500mg is half a gramme , so you shouldnt be having a problem , ive got 2 different ones one is fibre sure (small pot for handbag LOL) and one huge tub from health food shop by lepicol, they are 3.6 g per 5 capsules .
    anyway things seem to be ok on 2 shakes and a meal , guess i could do 3 foodpacks but as im not doing the ll light low cal meal ive just stuck to 2.
    had a starving period whilst shopping yesterday , it was real hunger ( still nice to be able to recognise that ) so had some chicken without the skin in the asda cafe and gave the chips and beans to my little one , so i just had a much smaller dinner than i would have had. today im having 3 atkins meals as im wanting to do my usual 6-8 miles and cant on shakes , ill end up flaking out :D
    but im going back to it again tomorrow and will just do the 3 small meals again on a weds when i have my other long run. hopefully after a week of this it will have got the weight moving again , and im hoping ill automatically be reducing my calories with smaller meals by then , im thinking i must just be having too many calories to loose much , dont know , once i get a stone off ill go to the owl of atkins to slow it all down again a lb a week will suit me fine heading towards lifetime maintenace , anyway what a waffler i am sorry hun xxxx
    good morning by the way :eek:

6. Sarah_P

Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    Low Carb
    Oh I have just realised that I put 500g on my first post! LOL!

Glad that the mix is suiting you. You are right to do the meals on run days. I hope it helps to get things going again for you. I am going to have a bit of a blended approach after Easter, when I hope to have lost 4 stones.

I am also thinking that when I go fully Atkins, I am still going to try to avoid too many creamy sauces and keep it all clean and green. I think too many "heavy" sauces will slow me down.

Enjoy your run today! x

7. sukie sue

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4lb(20.54%)
    Diet:
    thanks hunnie xxx

8. IslandBreeze

IslandBreeze Castaway

I use the tubs of Lepicol powder. When I start the diet, I use 2 teaspoons twice a day, dissolved in a glass of water and chased down with another glass of water. Once they're working - usually 3-5 days for me, I need less of it to keep things ticking over so then I drop to one teaspoon once or twice a day, still dissolved in water and chased down with water. My tub recommends you drink it 30 minutes before a meal but to be honest I just take it whenever.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.