Pudding's Just Desserts - The Hard Slog To Slim

-Pudding-

Ok then...

I thought I should do one of these diary things to keep me on track and also to provide a handy reference to what I've eaten as I go along.

I entered the second week of induction on Monday, having lost 4lbs last week. I know from experience that a combination of my age, a lifetime of yo-yo dieting and generally sluggish metabolism that I won't lose fast....so I just need to grit my teeth!

I'm excited today because I have a meat box arriving from a local organic, free-range farm and the wonderful people there have specially made me a kilo of sausages this morning with absolutely no fillers...just pure Gloucester Old Spot pork and some herbs! Can't wait to try those :drool:

Menu today
B - 2 eggs scrambled with butter
L - 2 bratwurst (2g carb) and a small aubergine baked with a sprinkle of mozzarella on top
D - coconut prawns, tandoori chicken on a bed of little gem lettuce, 1 medium tomato and garlic aioli

Drinks are tea with whole milk or double cream, water and 1 diet coke.

My 'cluck and surf' dinner
IMG_0208.JPG

Last edited:
Great menu and your dinner looks so yummy, just made me hungry. Coconut prawns one of my favourite x

Thank you! I love cooking (not fantastic at it...but enthusiastic!)

So this evening is my first big test. A friend of mine is going to start a cottage business making brownies and she's invited a bunch of her closest friends round to test them. This is one of those tricky ones because she's had it planned for ages and I know she'll really want my opinion...purely because I'm one of those people who's not afraid to say what I think. I won't say "Oh that's lovely", when I'm really thinking "It was too sweet."

So I don't want to let her down, but I don't want to ruin this week's hard work either! I'm thinking perhaps just having the tiniest of nibbles of each brownie type - literally just enough to taste.

Menu today:
B - oatbran (1 tbl/5 carbs) and rhubarb (1 tbl/1 carb) porridge with tbl double cream on
L - Mattesson's smoked pork sausage on a bed of little gem with mustard mayonnaise (1tsp dijon added to 1tb Helman's)
D - Cauliflower, Broccoli and bacon cheese bake

IMG_0211.JPG

Last edited:
Hi pudding and welcome, those are lush photo's there love.

Well I don't think I did too badly on my brownie tasting evening. Had a few nibbles, but did fall foul of a couple of glasses of Cava.

I guess I'll see how that translates on the scales come Monday's weigh-in!

Today's menu
B - skipped
L - 2 rashers bacon, 2 gluten-free sausages, 1 fried egg
D - Low carb chicken kiev (the 'breading' was a mixture of blitzed up pork rinds and flaxseed meal), green beans and stir-fried courgette.

IMG_0215.JPG

A looong day today. Spring-cleaning the house and then a good, long walk with the mutt.

Skipped lunch because I was scuttling around being so busy. I dared get on the scales today to see if the Cava on Thursday had walloped me, but I couldn't really tell.... 1/2lb off since Monday, so hoping to shift some more before Monday weigh-in!

Menu today:
B - Herby flaxseed MIM with smoked salmon and cream cheese
L - Skipped
D - Low-carb pizza with salad. I used the ground cooked chicken breast/mozzarella recipe from the Your Light Side blog for the base, then 2tbl of Seeds of Change tomato & basil sauce spread over and on top of that is parma ham, chorizo, oyster mushrooms, 1 sliced tomato and more mozzarella.

Was really impressed with the pizza; you cook the base first for 10 minutes so that it's crispy and then whack it back in the oven with the toppings on for another 10.

IMG_0216.jpg
IMG_0220.JPG

I'd really recommend the pizza ladyfelsham. The crust turned out crispy so you could actually it with your hands. I wish I could claim credit for it; but alas no. The recipe for it is on the link in my post.

So, been a hot day today with lots of gardening and lots of walking. I know I've not lost this week (2nd week - tomorrow is weigh-in), but that's fine. That's about par for the course when I diet.

Menu today
B - 2 rashers of bacon, 2 gluten-free sausages
L - 2 mini MiMs with cream cheese
D - Pork belly with asparagus

IMG_0222.JPG

great pics and yummy food there :). Keep up the good work and stick with it, the loss will come.

Just found your diary! All sounds good - keep it up:)

wow pudding your menus always seems to amaze me! looking yummy as always. i love your portion size, it makes me think i'm eating way to much lol thats where i always go wrong. keep up the good work hun. how did weigh in go today?

Morning pudding, lot's of lovely food photo's there, and nice to see the pats of butter. :)

Many thanks for the kind wishes all!

Weigh-in day today and no loss. I was expecting that to be honest as the scales haven't shifted all week (I've been naughtily daily weighing), but I was pretty much expecting that because on ever diet I've ever done I've never lost weight in Week 2!

So not downhearted; if I don't lose after Week 3 then I'll look at tweaking.

Mega busy work day today so a quick update with my planned menu and then I'll be catching up on people's diaries this evening as you all give me a lot of inspiration!

Menu today:
B - 1tbl oatbran (5 carbs) made into porridge with a splash of double cream
L - Slice of left-over pork belly with green salad and 1tbl Mayo
D - Planning to have a butter/herb stuffed chicken breast, wrapped in bacon. Nutmeg spinach and green beans.

IMG_0225.JPG

Last edited:
hey pudding:D
what kind of oatbran do you use? ive been craving cereal lately, particulary rice crispies and branflakes, it would be nice to have oat bran for brekkie sometimes. x

hey pudding:D
what kind of oatbran do you use? ive been craving cereal lately, particulary rice crispies and branflakes, it would be nice to have oat bran for brekkie sometimes. x

Hey Tamzy!

The oatbran I get from the wholefood section in Tesco, but I think you can probably get it in Holland and Barratt too. It swells up to about 5x the size when cooked so you only need a tablespoon of it. I cook with water, add cream and sometimes stewed rhubarb (which is great if you're having problems going to the loo!)

I generally find that when I have oatbran I'm totally not hungry until lunch time.

Back