Pulse rate.....

Deb G

Silver Member
I had to have my monthly check up yesterday, and I made it through the snow (!) to see the practice nurse. She asked what I was there for and had heard of LL so was very 'pro'. She took my BP, then took my pulse.....then took my pulse again.

Nurse: Hmmm....I'm worried about your pulse.
Me: Is it high? I've just run up the stairs when you called me?
Nurse: No. Its low.
Me: Oh? Is that bad?
Nurse: Not BAD, but unusual for you. In September the computer says it was 82bpm. Now its 56bpm.
Me: Oh. What's causing that then? (getting increasingly worried now).
Nurse: Well, we only expect to see a pulse that low in very fit people. Do you exercise?
Me: I do endurance riding, have to train a lot for that. I also run and walk in the mountains and over the fells.
Nurse: Oh thank god....that'll be it then! (Types into the computer, on my record "Sportswoman"!!!!!!!!). :D

As I was leaving....

Nurse: Don't you have to have a lot of weight to lose to do LL?
Me: Yes - at least 3 stone.
Nurse: How come you're allowed to do it then?
Me: I'm in my last few pounds now - I've lost nearly 5 stone altogether.
Nurse: FALLS OFF CHAIR!!!!:eek:

It was FABULOUS!!!!!!:D

Nice one Deb, it is lovely when things like that happen!
I want to do that at my surgery, stick right up them for not signing my form.

Wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gvnerjgbnv.gif

What a brill story Deb:clap::clap::clap:

4zxfbeu.gif

I bet you are one happy bunny now!!!

Well done!!!

I love hearing stories like yours:D

Fab!!! Well done you!

Hi Frejja

I hope you don't mind me asking but how long has it taken you to lose all that weight? I'm really keen to get started on the LL diet but I'm in limbo at the minute as my Doctor has refused to sign my medical form.

I am astounded after seeing your ticker and it just makes me even more frustrated as I'm raring to go!

Well done and I'm sure it won't be long before that final 2lb comes off!!

Thats so great! I bet you wanted to cry with happiness!! xx

I you are walking on air. Well done Deb all that hard work in now coming together.

Deb that's brilliant - what a compliment or 5 there then hey? Excellent, well done you.

Hi Frejja

I hope you don't mind me asking but how long has it taken you to lose all that weight? I'm really keen to get started on the LL diet but I'm in limbo at the minute as my Doctor has refused to sign my medical form.
I had a problem with my surgery too, but there is another nearby who have an LL clinic twice a week so I went there. Your LL counsellor should be able to help you, if not you will be able to find a private one. It is a shame that GPs have such different opinions on this.

For me it has taken 12 weeks to do 3 stone. I started on 1 Nov at almost 15 stone and size 20, I am now about 11st 12 (weigh in tomorrow) and size 12, and should be starting maintenance at the end of Feb.

It is so worth it, that it I would spend a bit of time finding a GP that will sign you up. For the monthly BP checks you can go to Lloyds pharmacies or our co-op pharmacy also does it and I think some Tescos too.

Thanks for all the responses. I'm chuffed to bits! Certainly keeping me on the straight and narrow in the last stone. Got weigh in tomorrow night, and according to my scales I've lost about 3.5 since last week - so that'll be ANOTHER positive stroke! Well done all of you on your weightloss too!

Thats the best story ive read alllllllllll day.

Im expecting the same sort of thign when I go to my gp. the nurse who took my pulse the last time I went said it was the lowest pulse she had seen in a man of my size. And i think tis coz i cycle and do squash alot.

Wow - that is brilliant. Made me chuckle too - just what I needed on this rainy day!
Well done you:D
Tansyx

Yet again well done!!! Im well proud. Even though I have no idea who you are its always nice to see someone suprise the doctors and nurses.

Hi Susie

I SSed from 2 April -23 Oct so I did 11 weeks on LL and lost 3 stone 10 and then 9 weeks on CD and lost 2 stone 4lbs. So in exactly 20 weeks I lost 6 stone. I've been eating and maintaining since then. Cheers.F

Lighter Life or Cambridge Diet???

I had a problem with my surgery too, but there is another nearby who have an LL clinic twice a week so I went there. Your LL counsellor should be able to help you, if not you will be able to find a private one. It is a shame that GPs have such different opinions on this.

Hi Ali

Well the LL Counsellor called me today - its a def no without the signed medical. :( I have also been enquiring about the Cambridge Diet and have been accepted on it without any medical. :confused:

Have you tried it before? I don't know what to do? Any advice?

Susie

Hi Susie,

I tried CD and the shakes etc were very similar. The only thing for me is that you didnt get the Counselling like you do on LL, which I needed. On CD I fell off the wagon after 1 month. I have been on LL for nearly 10 weeks now.

If you think you can do it without the extra counselling, I cant see any difference. CD is cheaper, but you are paying for Councelling session with LL.

Hope this helps.:)

Thanks Ladylite

I am gonna give the CD a go. I totally get what your saying about the counselling etc but at the moment I just wanna get started as I'm I have gained so much weight recently I need to do something quick.

I

Thanks Ladylite

I am gonna give the CD a go. I totally get what your saying about the counselling etc but at the moment I just wanna get started as I'm I have gained so much weight recently I need to do something quick.

I lost 5 1/2 stone on WW in 2006 and then gained 3 stone in 2007 after swearing to never go back. :banghead:

Fingers crossed that this will work for me.

Thanks

Susan x

Good luck Susie, keep us informed.

Back