Pumpkin recipes?

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by Mummy_Helen, 17 October 2010 Social URL.

1. Mummy_Helen

Mummy_Helen Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st12lb
    Lost(%):
    3st9lb(25.12%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    We just bought a pumpkin for the kids to carve for halloween, obviously we want to let it dry thoroughly for the day so bought it early.

What can I make with the flesh? I love pumpkin pie, so a SW version would be great, but any ideas are welcome :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. sarah83

sarah83 I will be a yummy mummy!

Start Weight:
    16st3lb
    Current Weight:
    15st12.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4.5lb(1.98%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Pumpkin soup is lovely.
    Also pumpkin added to a casserole, or roasted in chunks in the oven and added to salad, pasta etc.

I've got a gorgeous pumpkin soup recipe in one of my Jamie Oliver cookbooks - it might be adaptable but won't be syn free as it's got coconut milk in it. I can post it when I get home if you like?

4. sarah83

sarah83 I will be a yummy mummy!

Start Weight:
    16st3lb
    Current Weight:
    15st12.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4.5lb(1.98%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Here's a Valentine Warner recipe which is easily adaptable for SW if you replace the butter with frylight and omit the sherry
    I made this last week using a squash, but I did add some chilli to give it a bit of a kick!

BBC - Food - Recipes : Pumpkin soup

5. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Is it the great big orange pumpins they have in the shops at the moment? I've been led to believe that the flesh of these ones is quite tasteless as they are primarily grown to be used as lanterns rather than as food.

6. silly sausage

silly sausage Peas on Earth

Start Weight:
    18st6lb
    Current Weight:
    15st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st13lb(15.89%)
    Diet:
    SW veggie
    I like the little baby pumpkins roasted with veg and herbs with a bit of goats cheese on top.

I intended to cook the lantern one last year, but after it had been sitting with a candle in it for a while, it smelled funny.

7. Mummy_Helen

Mummy_Helen Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st12lb
    Lost(%):
    3st9lb(25.12%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    The one we had was quite small from Asda. I ended up making the soup and it was lovely, I left the sherry in though. Now I have to get another 2 because the kids want a pumpkin each for halloween..lol

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.