Put 2 stone on in 24 hours!

CJ_06

I'm kinda freaking out as I bought new scales yesterday and this morning stood on them and I'm 2 stone heavier than I am on my old scales :( which one is right?
Feel so disheartened and fed up!
Doing SW from home so wanted a reliable set to weigh on, now I'm just cheesed off

That would freak me out as well!! Have you got a chemist or something near you where you can go and weigh (supermarkets tend to have those big scales, or Boots). You have to pay to weigh but at least you would then know how much you actually weigh. And fingers crossed it would mean you having to take your new scales back for a refund!xx

You could get on 10 sets of scales and get 10 different results but 2 stones difference seems a bit extreme. As suggested weigh a bag of sugar to check their accuracy but if they are then you may just need to accept that you are heavier than you thought you were because your old scales were out. :(

CJ_06 said:
Have weighed a bag of potatoes and it's way out! Feel relieved now!
Thank you all for your replies and ideas! :)
Back to Argos I go, when the snow has gone away lol

It may want re setting if it's digital? Which one is it?

Have you set it on zero. using them on carpet, best to use them on lino, laminate ot tiles. I found using mine on carpet is a lot different but not as much as 2 stone.

Make Sure u weigh on an even surface. If I use my scales on carpet the numbers are way out!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

As much as the scales are new, the batteries could still be shot - try replacing them first. I can weigh anything from 3st to 12st within 5 mins when my batteries are on the way out.

Th8'k about it logically, there is no earthly way you could have put on that amount of weight in a 24 he period. Infant, you'd be hard pushed to put that amount on in 6 months!

Back