Put all my weight back on plus interest :\

MrsDravenx

Im new to the forum :D and this part of the forum and im hopefully looking to find a little support from my fellow dieters =]

I never knew dieting could be so tough and hard going!..But even more so since having children and helping my mother in law with day to day things just makes me reach for that chocolate bar! (She has alzheimers disease)

When i was 14 i joined slimming world with my parents and managed to drop from 11 stone right down to 9, i was so impressed with myself but once one of my parents lost their job and couldn't afford to go anymore we all had to stop as it was really expensive :(. So back my weight went!

Ive been struggling with my weight more so as i had my son 10 months ago via c-section and im at my heaviest of 13 stone! :( i look back to that beautiful curvy figure i used to have and i just feel so angry with myself for letting myself go!..It feels like ive spent half my life on a diet and none of its ever worked!

My will power is shocking, and im usually pretty stubborn on things like this..I just feel so gross and frumpy :(

Hi There,

I am new to forums and stuff as I have usually done things on my own in the past - whatever the challenge. With this in mind I hope that I can give you support and help. I am at a 13 stone plateau having done SW,WW and back to SW over the past 2 years. I have lost 3 stone and am currently stuck at the 13 stone mark but attendance at SW has been problematic for a few reasons and now I am trying XLS Medical and am not sure what to expect and as there isn't a forum on their website have come here.

I fully appreciate how stressful it can be looking after your son and your mum-in-law. Are you able to have spare time for yourself during the day/evening? Perhaps whatever spare time you have you could use to diet planning or going out for a brisk walk. I find that going out for a walk and listening to a (usually a comedy) podcast helps me and takes my mind of things at work and at home. With SW and WW have tried to do the suggested recipes and enjoy making soups which I will have at work with crackerbread/Ryvita. I am a veggie and use quorn products in casseroles and pasta dishes. With the warmer weather finally on its way I will be doing more with salads as well.

My bad times of the day are without doubt the evening times particularly if I had had a bad day at work so this is when I need to be extra careful and also a reason why I trying XLS at this time.

I wish you all the best for your journey and hope the comments above will help you.

Julie

I could have wrote your story but with more weight. I lost 4 stone following weight watchers at home when I was 17. I managed to keep it off for 10 years even losing more until I got pregnant. After 3 kids in 4.5 yrs I have put 8 stone since I was 17. I find it extra hard with the kids, it use to be all about me, planning my points, walking loads.

Now its hard to get to walk or have free time to myself. I also seem to think that I need to be a taster for my kids food before giving it to them :confused: If I added up all the snacking I would be shocked. I have to start writing down all I eat.

Its so hard not to long for the fit, toned younger you isnt it?

Back