Put my mind to rest

CarlyLanky140

Loves Minimins!
I'm seriously considering this. Can people really maintain the losses?

Do people have lots of loose skin?

I'm so nervous....

X

Hi Carly

I am not done yet, but I would encourage you to go for it. I have gone from a size 22 to a 14 and my skin is fine so far, I am not worried about it. I came of the diet for my holiday in Berlin and didn't put any weight on that didn't come off again within 3 days. If you read some of the maintainers or diary threads you will find loads of people who have kept the weight off.

Don't forget you are in control of this, and you can do it!

Yes and possibly. I have maintained for about 3 months so far and have even lost some more. it is possible but you must change your diet. Going back to how you are eating before is not an option. But believe me, changing after having been on LL is easier than ever,. All of your addictions will be broken.

IN terms of the skin - yes you may see some skin changes depending on what your weight gain is like. I gained all of my weight in my tummy and hip / thigh area. I now have some loose skin on my tiummy and the backs of t=my thighs are untoned. But my intention was to be healthy and i look great in my clothes. So you know what - I can accept a little loose skin. Exercise is helping with the thighs, but my tummy will always be a bit wrinkly (I have had two kids as well...). So be it. I am happy and healthy. What more do I need and I can fit in a size 10 !!

Hi :)

I lost 10 stone in 2008 and maintained for 2 years until my mum had a trgic accident - than the stress got to me and I went back to using food for comfort after she died. My fault. I feel confident that had that not happened, Iw ould still be maintaining.....and am working my way now back to my goal weight.

I do have some loose skin because I was obese for more than half my life. You will have less skin the younger you are and the less timeyou spent overweight. ANd then the bottom line will ultimately fall down to genetics

But under my size 10-12 clothes, no one knew I had loose skin, so I did not care!!! A buit of loose skin was far better then haiuling around the weight of another body. :)

Its allw orth it and it will work and you will maintain if you put in the work and follow through with what you learn. :)
\

Good luck!!

x

I lost five and a half stone in 2010/11 and have maintained (within a stone) for over a year now (am currently losing the stone - totally due to going "off road" and deviating from my normal low-carb plan - plus an additional 7lb to get me past my original goal).

Like nzmegs, I'm a bit wrinkly in the tummy dept, but I've also had two children. Apart from that, I don't think anyone would know. In fact I started a new job last year and one of my colleagues, when I mentioned in passing re the weight, was completely gobsmacked. She said she'd no idea I could ever have been big as I look "naturally slim"!! Also the beautician who waxes my legs (get me - all these things I never used to do before I lost weight!!) couldn't believe it either - and she's getting a pretty close-up view.

Go for it! If you end up a bit wrinkly round the edges you will still FEEL way better and LOOK fab in your new smaller clothes!

After over twenty years of various diets this is the only one I have ever lost over a stone on (4.5 to be exact) I know I will have to work hard when I re introduce food butit will be a lot easier than trying to lose 7 st, If I could talk to myself all those years back i would tell myself about LLT it would give me a tool to use to keep my weight down....so very worth it xx

Thanks all for your replies. I am sticking with ww but may join u soon :)

Back