Extra Easy putting on weight??

iamhev

Hi All,

I wonder if you can help me, I am 30 years old with 3 stone to loose and I had done slimming world years ago and when I saw the new extra easy plan I could not believe how easy it was and attended a class the next day!

I lost 4.5 pounds in the first week :) which I was really happy with but then stayed the same on the second weigh in :cry:
I have sent my food diaries to my SWC but not had any response back as yet, but as far as I can tell I am doing it right, I track everything I put into my mouth and track it online!

Anyhow this week I actually feel as though I may have put on weight, feel v v bloated and I am sure my work trousers are digging into me!

I am just wondering if this diet does perhaps not work for all. I am hoping that I will see a big weight loss soon and perhaps my body needs a few weeks to adjust! but the diet is sooo easy to follow and I am never hungry or even feel as though I am on a diet really but the fact that I am not losing a lot of weight (everyone else seems to be at class) makes me wonder if it is too good to be true for me anyhow! :sigh:

Was just wondering really if anyone else had had a weight loss first week then a few weeks with no change then a big weight loss? My SWC is determined that with the diet you will loose each week if you stick to it ... then why am I not! :wave_cry:

Thanking you in advance for any help you may be able to give me.
xx

Sorry that u don't feel u are doing well but ur C is right- if u follow the plan u will lose weight. What do u eat in a typical day? That might help us to highlight something u maybe can't see yourself.

Hi there,

For breakfast I will have extra low fat yoghurt with fruit (this is frozen fruit that I have defrosted, I assume this is still free as I know when you puree it it is not). If I am in a rush then two alpen bars.

Then for lunch I will have a pasta salad with the only syn being the tbs of extra light helmanns mayo.

I then snack on fruit and crab sticks throughout the day and a mug shot if I am feeling hungry.

For dinner I would have Gammon, SW chips, baken beans and egg or SW chips with burgers made with mince and onion, bacon, cheese and the roll from my Healthy Extras with backed beans. Theses are two of my favourite SW meals at the moment!

The diet is great I just so want it to work for me like it has for so many others. I am having less than 5 syns a day most days I am not sure if that may be the reason, but I dont think I could physically eat anyome lol
Hx

I have followed EE to the letter and I do not loose weight on it, one week I put on 1/2 a lb it just doesn't suit me at all, i'm much better on Red or Green. I have 3 friends who have lost over 12st between them doing EE so it does work but just not for me unfortunately :sigh:

SW should work for everyone. I'm sure people will come on and say the EE doesn't work for them, switch to red days, etc etc but what I would say is give it time.
Depending on what your diet was prior to SW, your body is probably just getting used to the new way of eating.
I do the weighing at my group and I have seen a lot of people STS in the second or third week, I've even seen people STS the first week - that is so hard to deal with.
Why not drop your consultant a text and ask if your diary is okay?
Just stick with it, drink plenty of water, that helps with bloating and try not to worry hun.
Good luck.

Do you have a food diary on here that maybe we could take a look at?

Also are you eating 1/3 superfree with your meals on EE & stopping when you are full? :)

Hi there,

For breakfast I will have extra low fat yoghurt with fruit (this is frozen fruit that I have defrosted, I assume this is still free as I know when you puree it it is not). If I am in a rush then two alpen bars.

Then for lunch I will have a pasta salad with the only syn being the tbs of extra light helmanns mayo.

I then snack on fruit and crab sticks throughout the day and a mug shot if I am feeling hungry.

For dinner I would have Gammon, SW chips, baken beans and egg or SW chips with burgers made with mince and onion, bacon, cheese and the roll from my Healthy Extras with backed beans. Theses are two of my favourite SW meals at the moment!

The diet is great I just so want it to work for me like it has for so many others. I am having less than 5 syns a day most days I am not sure if that may be the reason, but I dont think I could physically eat anyome lol
Hx

Only comment on your diary is try to have a third superfree with your meals, gammon, chips and beans/egg doesn't include any superfree so maybe try to get some in there.

Your syns are there to use, don't be scared of them - they won't stop you losing and are there to make sure you can have the little treats.

Give it a chance! You have only been on the plan for two weeks and had one sts. That and your bloatedness could be due to any number of things. It is inevitable that there will be weeks when you do not lose even though you have followed the plan 100% as your body is not a machine. It's not a case of putting x into your mouth and losing y pounds every week. Hormones, exercising, water retention, medication, stress and many other things can affect your losses. if you are bloated then you are probably not drinking enough water so make sure you are getting 2 to 3 litres a day, even more if you are exercising. But most importantly, just relax a bit and give the plan time to work. How long did it take you to put on the extra weight? Probably a long time, putting on a little every week or so. Losing it will be the same.

I agree with jaylou. It has been stressed to me when I went to club in the past that the third superfree is essential to the weight loss on extra easy. Good luck Hun. I'm sure it will shift with this little adjustment.

Give it a chance! You have only been on the plan for two weeks and had one sts. That and your bloatedness could be due to any number of things. It is inevitable that there will be weeks when you do not lose even though you have followed the plan 100% as your body is not a machine. It's not a case of putting x into your mouth and losing y pounds every week. Hormones, exercising, water retention, medication, stress and many other things can affect your losses. if you are bloated then you are probably not drinking enough water so make sure you are getting 2 to 3 litres a day, even more if you are exercising. But most importantly, just relax a bit and give the plan time to work. How long did it take you to put on the extra weight? Probably a long time, putting on a little every week or so. Losing it will be the same.

I know it has only been a few weeks but I supopse I am just comparing this to my previous losses on weight watchers. I would always lose half a stone in the first two weeks! will stick at it though and get some more superfree foods in my diet! Thanks all for your help, its been a great help xx

I would agree - you are definintely not getting at least one third superfree at every meal and that is crucial for EE to work.

I found it really hard to fit in at least 1/3 at every single meal so I now do Original/Green with just an occasional EE day here adn there and that seems to work better (for me) and I love the extra HExS too!

I just wanna re-enforce whats been said already, on ee the one third superfree is really important as this is what makes it work. You should be using the one third super free at meal times as a way of reducing your portions of other foods. Also between meals, it works best if snacks are superfree too.

Personally I have found im loaing quite well since stopping snacking between meals. Ive honestly found Ive not been that hungry without them. Do ask yourself if you need to be having as much between meals.

Just an observation - how heavy/light I feel often bears no relation to what my WI result is. So you may be pleasantly surprised, come weigh in :)

I agree with jaylou. It has been stressed to me when I went to club in the past that the third superfree is essential to the weight loss on extra easy. Good luck Hun. I'm sure it will shift with this little adjustment.

Did your C tell you that? because in my opinion that is not true. I have had days where I haven't made the 1/3 superfree and lost. Granted- not lost as much as I usually do- but still a loss nonetheless

It is suggested that you should do it- the more sf you eat, then the less heavy stuff you will eat (in theory) hence why the aide with weight loss

@iamhev- give it a chance hun- sometimes people gain a little in the first or second week, due to our body getting used to the new changes. Don't worry too much- give it another week or so- follow the plan. If an average food diary isn't helping- ask your C for an S.A.S diary- thats something you fill out and check yourself- but it's indepth and apparently really helpful to people (one woman in group after 2 very very minimal losses- one sts actually did an S.A.S diary one week and lots 4.5lb the next week! granted it might not work that well, but it might show results)

Keep the faith. Use those syns! even if its 5-6 a day. They are there to be enjoyed :)

Good luck at your next weigh in :)

No offence, but you still have a good amount to lose so your daily calories requirements will be a lot higher than people with less to lose. While you can get away without having the superfree to limit portion size many people cannot. And you may well find that you need to up the superfree as you get closer to target.

Little bubblez, it is true that some people can still lose on ee without the one third superfree. But I would say that if someone isnt seeing the losses they would like, as this poster has said, then its a good idea to do the one third superfree.

Funky_Munky said:
Little bubblez, it is true that some people can still lose on ee without the one third superfree. But I would say that if someone isnt seeing the losses they would like, as this poster has said, then its a good idea to do the one third superfree.

Very true. Even though i started at 6 stone overweight i have never been able to get away without eating the 1/3rd superfree.

Also, just nutritionally speaking eating a greater proportion of fruit & veg is important regardless.

I definitely notice the difference in my weeks weight loss if I make more of an effort to make sure that I eat a 1/3 superfree. I wouldnt say I don't lose if I don't eat a 1/3 superfree but if I make more of an effort to do so then I do notice a difference.

Actually my point was- that the 1/3 superfree is not essential which the post i was quoting stated

That is untrue- or at least it isn't according to my C- never once has she uttered the word essential

My reply was to the person I quoted. I actually think that the OP should eat extra superfree, but no where have i read that it is essential to lose weight. *that* was my point

little_bubblez said:
Actually my point was- that the 1/3 superfree is not essential which the post i was quoting stated

That is untrue- or at least it isn't according to my C- never once has she uttered the word essential

My reply was to the person I quoted. I actually think that the OP should eat extra superfree, but no where have i read that it is essential to lose weight. *that* was my point

That age old problem where consultant advice differs. Mine says its essential on extra easy & recommended on the other plans. But when i emailed SW they said its a reccomendation on all plans. Very frustrating

Back