Putting things off until I lose weight

toolilac

This week I have been thinking about all the things I want to do, or start doing again, that I am putting off until I've lost some weight. For instance, I would like to start running again. I used to run regularly and loved the incredible confidence boost it gave me in other aspects of my life. I even ran a few half-marathons, did loads of off-road races, was a member of two running clubs and loved the social side of it. Then I hurt my back in a race, stopped running and piled on a couple of stone.
I would love to start running again. But I daren't. Partly due to silly embarrassment, I'm self-conscious, partly just putting things off. Does this sound familiar?
So i thought i would ask, what are you putting off until you lose some more weight and why ?
(Maybe you can talk some sense into me and I can return the favour:confused:)

Hi there Toolilac, What a shame to put off doing things that you want to do! I am guessing that you are still quite young and nothing better than to get out there and join in all the wonderful things that there are to do these days. When you get to my age and are unable to do things then you will wish you had taken every single opportunity!
Just because you are a bit overweight shouldn't stop you...Go on!! Deep breath and all that..it'll be a real challenge and such a good boost to get things off to a flying start with your weight loss programme.
All the very best to you.

P.S. I never let my old age or my disability get in the way of doing as much as I can...we're a long time dead! :D

Hi Emmaline. Thanks for your words. As soon as I posted, I thought GET ON WITH IT!!! So I put my trainers on and run/walked 3.3miles!! You are quite right, life's too short to put things off when I could be out there having fun:) I even got my OH to take a very sweaty and unflattering photo to commemorate my first run in 2 years!

Hi Emmaline. Thanks for your words. As soon as I posted, I thought GET ON WITH IT!!! So I put my trainers on and run/walked 3.3miles!! You are quite right, life's too short to put things off when I could be out there having fun:) I even got my OH to take a very sweaty and unflattering photo to commemorate my first run in 2 years!

WooHoo!! Well done! That's the perfect start to a new you!

I really smiled reading this thread! Well done to you both for being so positive! I have tried to think about something that I'm putting off until I lose weight and I can't think of anything except being happy! I have a great life and am surrounded by wonderful friends and family but I still can't shake the 'fat feeling' wherever I go and whatever I do. Starting today I'm going to try my hardest to change that!

Hi. I put off buying nice clothes. I don't go shopping unless I have to and then don't buy what I really want if I can find something cheaper as there is no point wasting money on something I'm only going to wear for a while. Only thing is these are the things I'm going to be wearing for a life time unless I pull my finger out and do something about my ever expanding waistline!

Hi. I put off buying nice clothes. I don't go shopping unless I have to and then don't buy what I really want if I can find something cheaper as there is no point wasting money on something I'm only going to wear for a while. Only thing is these are the things I'm going to be wearing for a life time unless I pull my finger out and do something about my ever expanding waistline!

I'm the same, I say I don't want to buy this in my size now because I want to lose weight but then I end up stating the same! Just today I picked up a top and jacket and put it back again!
Hopefully I am going to stay on plan this time so can buy smaller clothes :$

This was my thing too! A whole wardrobe full of Tesco F&F and Asda George because I refused to buy myself anything nice at the size I was! (Although I have to say, in general their clothes really are pretty good quality for the price!)

I still do it now but for a different reason... as the weight's coming off each clothes size is only fitting for a few months before becoming too loose, so I'm now refusing to buy anything but the essentials in each size (a pair of jeans, underwear, work dresses) until I get to target. I seem to spend my entire life ebaying all my old clothes at the moment and don't want to add any more to that pile!! Cannot wait to get to target so I can have the biggest shopping spree ever! :D

I'm relieved it isn't just me! CG, I've been much fatter and much much thinner, and I'm afraid to say I still had that "fat feeling" even when I was unhealthily thin. Let's just get out there and do whatever it is we want. Ladies, please don't deny yourseleves a "Shopportunity"! We will be buying those lovely new clothes when we get near target, but we can't t wear sackcloth until then. I've been using ebay for any new clothes (I must list those 2 binbags worth I want rid of!) Come on, onwards and upwards :D

Dating ....really need to start getting myself out there, but want to wait until I'm comfortable in my body before i do that ...
oh, and clothes shopping. Only have a few outfits at the moment that fit becuase don't want to spend momey until I get to a size that I can feel good in the clothes

Hopefully in new year, I'll be doing a lot of clothes shopping for dates ;-)

I'm relieved it isn't just me! CG, I've been much fatter and much much thinner, and I'm afraid to say I still had that "fat feeling" even when I was unhealthily thin. Let's just get out there and do whatever it is we want. Ladies, please don't deny yourseleves a "Shopportunity"! We will be buying those lovely new clothes when we get near target, but we can't t wear sackcloth until then. I've been using ebay for any new clothes (I must list those 2 binbags worth I want rid of!) Come on, onwards and upwards :D

I bought some clothes last week as too good an opportunity to miss. Yes there not in the size I would like but I don't wanna wear old clothes for ages. I think it's boost to self esteem to wear new clothes.

Back