Q about SP and HEB.........

luisa71

I'm supposed to be having a SP day today but for lunch I had 4 Ryvitas for my HEB2. I've since looked in the book and noticed that although 4 dark rye ryvitas are on the list, underneath it states that just 2 count as SP. I know that you are allowed 2 choices of anything from the HEB list but do you have to stick to just 2 of the ryvitas on SP days?

Thanks.

You don't have to limit yourself to speed choices, you can have any of the healthy extras you might have on EE x

That just means that to speed up your weightloss only have 2 ryvita instead of 4 as a B choice I think

Thanks so much for both your replies. Very much what I thought but the SP next to the 2 ryvitas threw me a bit. I just read it as only have 2 if following SP.

Last edited:
You're right, for it to be SP just have 2 but you can have 2 HexB so your 4 is ok x

I eat both HEB's when doing an SP day otherwise I think I would go completely crazy due to lack of Carbs!
They do advocate only having one HEB to speed losses up further but I think you risk slowing your digestive transit down and also putting your body through an extremely low carb diet, especially over a sustained period can actually cause bone thinning as your body will seek to source carbohydrates internally if it cannot obtain it from your diet.

Where do they advocate only having one heb choice? I don't think I've seen that said anywhere

On the SP part of the book, there is an SP symbol next to having half the HEB's to boost weight loss.
I'm particularly saddened by seeing it tbh, they could have switched the HEB's and suggested better choices to help boost weight loss (i.e. people having reported better losses when eating oats as their HEB's)

My consultant says that to do a pure SP day you should only choose the B choices that have an S by them.

I have to say though, I do wonder if she misunderstood, as in the SW literature it does suggest you can have any of the B choices on an SP day.

Mind you, I tried it the super strict way she suggested for a week and lost a big fat 0 pounds, so I'm not sure I'd recommend it!

Back