Quark and ff yoghurt

chocolate_bananas

Silver Member
Evening all,

I have a big tub of Total yoghurt and a tob of quark left. I will be using some of the yoghurt in a chicken curry later in the week but i have no plans to use anymore in next weeks meals, rather than waste it what can i do with it? Can it be used in place of quark in recipes? If so i can leave the Quark un-opened. For example, i want to make the muffins that Mainainer has made in the thread in the recipes section, can i use some of the Total rather than Quark.

I am going to try sweetening and flavouring some of the yoghurt to see if i enjoy it as much as i do Mullers.

Thanks xxx

On second thoughts, the quark runs out on the 29th April, but the yoghurt not until 5th May, so could i use quark in a curry in place of yoghurt or will it taste funny?

What i'm basically asking is are these two more or less the same and are inter changeable in recipes?

Hi chocolate b I personally use both in anything and don't see much difference :) I made curry last night with the yogurt but used quark last week tasted the same yogurt little creamier but just the same.

Same for the muffins and bread I use whatever is opened and dont see a difference.

I however have tried numerous flavourings on yogurt and don't like them :( got horrid adtertaste but that's just me!!!

Hope this helps xxx

Thanks so much, i will use the quark up this week and then the yoghurt the week after, save me buying anymore.

Loving quark!! :D

The difference is quite subtle so i wpuld try it and see if you like it. The substitution i mean.

Quark is basically a soft cheese and total is, well, a sort of creamy yoghurt. I like both. I absolutely love total with sweetener and dukan caramel flavouring - double yum!

Quark works very well in muffins, and also is a smashing spread: i have it with sweetener as a kind of icing on muffins and crepes, and as a soft cheese. (like philly but no fat)

its an almost fat free cream cheese

Back