Puddings Quark! Love it or hate it??

looy24

Hi all! Bought some quark for the intention of making it into cheese cake but I was really craving somet sweet today so tried making it into a cream alternative which I'd heard some do for cake. Think I put too much vanilla in cos I couldn't eat it n it left me feeling quite sick thinking about it so now I'm a bit gutted cos it's put me off trying to make it into a cheesecake so I wondered if anyone has anyone ideas on wat to use instead??

If you mix it with options white choc powder for your cheesecake topping its really nice, dont be put off!! Also the mocha flavour mixed in is nice and the cho orange flavour

I hated it before but since copying some recipes i now love it and it is a weekly buy of mine.

I made the cheesecake with choc orange options for 2 syns and one alpen light as a base in the ramekin.

I also use it with spring onions and lemon as a pasta dressing or spread for ryvita delivious with smoked salmon.

I've only tried it once, put a bit into mashed potatoes as a substitute for milk & butter - was disgusting! It made them taste really sour. That one encounter with it was enough to put me off :-(

I make it into a lemon cheesecake (1tsp lemon curd, 1 tsp sweetener and some lemon juice to half a pot). That means the sourness is an advantage.

I stopped feeling sick the next day n I'm guna go ahead n try to mek the cheesecake tomorrow so I'll let u all no wat I think! I hope I can get to like it cos there's lots of recipes to put it in. Never thought about trying it on ryvitas wi spring onions bet its quite nice using as a savoury rather than a sweet might try that next. The lemon curd sounds good too cos it'll mask the flavour of the cheese well! Thanks for all u views. Fingers crossed I'll like it!

Sounds gross i know, but mixing it with tomato puree and garlic makes it taste actually OK!

I had a salad the other day with tuna, quark and then Helmanns FF vinergrette mixed together.

I do a dip with it too- shredded smoked salmon, dill and then the quark. Lovely with carrot/cucumber sticks!

Sounds gross i know, but mixing it with tomato puree and garlic makes it taste actually OK!

I had a salad the other day with tuna, quark and then Helmanns FF vinergrette mixed together.

I do a dip with it too- shredded smoked salmon, dill and then the quark. Lovely with carrot/cucumber sticks!

Hi Lol I like the "actualy ok" bit...the fist time I tried some I felt suicidal lol ;-) I really couldnt believe thats what my life had come to :eek:
Maybe acceptance is key here..ha;)ha..will maybe try your smoked salmon quark......with about a 1b of salmon.....to drown out the quark lol x

When I was on it, couldn't get enough of the stuff.

Mixed with finely chopped vegetables as a sandwich filler, stirred into soups to get a creamy like consistency.

Try vanilla essence a drop at a time give a good stir before taste testing may help, especially if you save some sins for a digestive biscuit for the base of your cheesecake!

cheesecake

WOW! really enjoyed my cheesecake made with options white choc n quark, cant believe how different it tasted compared to the first time i tried it with vanilla essence. guna try the choc options in it next (more syns i know) with strawberrys and bananas on top then but only using half the quark cos the other halves guna b experimented with savory stuff to see i can get to love it in all sorts. like the idea of spring onions in it n finely chopped veg for a sanwhich.

Back