quark

Lozzaco said:
whats is it and where can i get it from...anyone know?

Its a kind of cheese you should find it beat the parmesan and mozzarella in blue and White tuba at Asda n Tesco

Its a kind of cheese you should find it beat the parmesan and mozzarella in blue and White tuba at Asda n Tesco

Thanks, is it free on extra easy? I just keep seeing it in all recipes and wondered what it was. I dont really like cheese what does it taste like?

You can buy it in Sainsburys as well, they sell it in a BGTY pot and keep it near the speciality cheeses. You can make nice cheesecake out of it or I like it mixed through mash potato instead of butter and cream.

Sorry meant to say...The taste is hard to describe, a bit like a thick yogurt but a bit cheesy. If you like a really cheesy taste it works well mixed with you HEX A of cheddar to make it go farther on baked potatoes etc.

I got my first pots of quark this week. I have to say though... I'm not massively keen. Perhaps i need to try it in different ways! I did try it sweetened but still not keen. Do you just have to get used to it?

I detest it lol but then I don't like soft cheese or yoghurts so I'm struggling with a LOT of the recipes on SW :( keep trying though as I've found they taste less awfull as times goes by.......

for us Quark is a saver... my Hubby is lactose intolerant but is fine after quark so I use lots and lots :) sweet with fruit, as spread or just as a dip with garlic, I don't really like it but it makes my life easy and i eat it if i must - sweet though :D

Legomom said:
I detest it lol but then I don't like soft cheese or yoghurts so I'm struggling with a LOT of the recipes on SW :( keep trying though as I've found they taste less awfull as times goes by.......

Haha... My first time on slimming world I was told lots of recipes that contained cottage cheese which I can't stand so I kept at it trying to convince myself I'd get used to it.... Cumulating in my trying a recipe for cheesecake which was disgusting. When I told them in group someone said it takes a whole to get used to, that was the last straw for me and I replied that you shouldn't have to et used to a treat. Anyway this time around I only cook with things I like.

Sorry for the ramble this just really reminded me of that.

I work at Asda on home-shopping and we sell a lot of it, it is with the continental section of cheeses. I don't know about any other stores but it does tend to get pushed to the back. It is in a blue and white tub but it might be best to ask if you can't see it, I'm asked quite often!

Thanks everyone, im curious to try it as alot of the recipes use this. On the subject of cheese tho had anyone managed to find primula light i have looked for months and cant find it anywhere

I got some in Morrison's yesterday. I had some last night mixed in with mashed boiled egg.
Was thinking of adding a bit to pasta n sauce (cheese and leek I think) to thicken it a bit since only using water, would that work?

Thanks everyone, im curious to try it as alot of the recipes use this. On the subject of cheese tho had anyone managed to find primula light i have looked for months and cant find it anywhere

Asda have that to, it's usually on the top shelf -I tend to pick in the chilled section lol.

Bubblewrap said:
I got some in Morrison's yesterday. I had some last night mixed in with mashed boiled egg.
Was thinking of adding a bit to pasta n sauce (cheese and leek I think) to thicken it a bit since only using water, would that work?

Yes.... It's lovely makes it soooo creamy!

Back