Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee

ginlin

Better to Drink your Syns
It is very quiet around where I live, only some shops have bunting and flags up, so going to put some up this afternoon, and see if anyone else follows suit.

Have you got up any bunting etc?

Just put the flags up.....

003.jpg

I love all the bunting up everywhere, lots of union jacks around! Nice to see the country celebrating something rather than doom and gloom.

I love it and even though I live out of the U.K. I am following as much as I can on T.V.

We had our own tiny celebration here this evening which ended up with power water pistols in red, white and blue, in the pool.

The queen looked amazing at Epsom this afternoon. She is a credit to us and I agree wholeheartedly that it is a pleasure to see and feel such joy.

No bunting up around me. But we are off to a BBQ to celebrate later today........won't b counting the syns today :(

No bunting up around me. But we are off to a BBQ to celebrate later today........won't b counting the syns today :(

Have a good time at the BBQ, and as we all know, celebratory food and drink is syn free ;)

When we got to work this morning the owner of the center who is Spanish through to the core, had decorated the bar and restaurant with Union Jack bunting. It made me feel all gooey.

I had to thank him.......................good guy !!!

Anyone watching the concert? x

I am! Feels like a sat night :) also really feel like a wine lol i have refrained, i had all my syns x

ginlin said:
Very sad news that Prince Philip is in hospital :(

Oh no hope he's ok, probably out in the freezing cold & standing on a barge yest that done it....

Like the concert but what was that about with Grace Jones & the hula hoop.

Why does Kylie get longer?

Love the song 'Sing' x

Loved cliff richards shiney tie! Didnt love his dancing urgh too much gyrating lol oh and his young dancers lol x

How on earth did Grace Jones keep that hoop spinning AND sing?! She must be seriously fit?

Bet she'll be rooting through the bathroom cabinet for that tube of deep heat later he he!

I didnt watch the concert - but I did watch a programme just now where Prince Charles went through old cinefilms of the Queens reign and it was actually a really nice genuine heartwarming sort of programme. Shes always been this kind of distant figure as far as I was concerned, but it made her seem more "human", and also him, seeing him chuckling at things from his past.

Back