Query re: recipe in SW pamphlet free with Daily Mirror

big bear

A bear on a mission!
I managed to get yesterday's & todays and as far as I can see are just 7 day plans. But I was looking at the recipe in there for Sweet & Sour chicken, it says to use cornflour & a tin of pineapple. Are both of these not synned?

It mentions nowhere (that I can see) about synning these?

Am I completely wrong about this?

The pineapple could be a HEX but cornflour isnt. Whats the volume of cornflour used? Maybe its such a small a amount its negligible when divided by the number of portions? A level tsp is only 1 syn.

The pineapple could be a HEX but cornflour isnt. Whats the volume of cornflour used? Maybe its such a small a amount its negligible when divided by the number of portions? A level tsp is only 1 syn.

It is 1 level tablespoon & I really thought tinned fruit was synned?

It is 1 level tablespoon & I really thought tinned fruit was synned?

It is but some fruit can be used as a HEXB. 225g pineapple canned in juice it says on syns online.

1 tbsp of cornflour is 3.5 syns though, so I expect there must be at least a tiny bit of syns. Depends how many it serves.

They usually specify "deduct x syns if using as a hex B on ...plan" though. If they arent mentioning syns or use of hex its bad information on their part.

They usually specify "deduct x syns if using as a hex B on ...plan" though. If they arent mentioning syns or use of hex its bad information on their part.

It doesn't mention it at all. It serves 4 so maybe very minimal syns. I was going to attach a scanned copy but wasn't sure if I was allowed to do this.

Maybe it says 't somewhere in teensy writing in a box somewhere else south of the actual pamphlet, pretty common occurrence w SW Ive found... :rolleyes: I agree, they are frequently pretty crappe at making things clear or keeping things remotely up to date.

(Anyone likely to update the weight of B choices and Green so they match A choices and EE? Anyone? Hellooooo???? :rolleyes: )

It won't say that because it is a fixed menu plan for beginners which already includes the HEs and syns. To start talking about HEs and syns if not using something as a HE would be confusing for people who are not familiar with the plan or have not already joined.

I wouldn't say "very" high. Cooked pineapple is 0.5 syns per 28g according to my book. (so now per 25g presumably)

Just checked the new updated online syns:

Pineapple, canned in juice, 100g
Pineapple, fresh, pureed/cooked without sugar, 100g 2

255g pineapple, canned in juice = 1 HEXB

It won't say that because it is a fixed menu plan for beginners which already includes the HEs and syns. To start talking about HEs and syns if not using something as a HE would be confusing for people who are not familiar with the plan or have not already joined.

Ahhhhh it's just a meal planner, it all becomes clear :)

They're never going to give you the full information though, the upshot of it all is that they want people to become members!

I do wish they'd give the syn value of tinned pineapple without juice though, I love tinned pineapple but not the juice!!

I also noticed that they have not updated the skimmed milk allowance in the pamphlet. It really should not have gone out without the correct info, in fact I noticed quite a few errors.Or is it me just being a bit picky?:confused:

Back