Question about clothes.

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Becca Wecca, 20 February 2010 Social URL.

1. Becca Wecca

Becca Wecca skinny minny here I come!

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Since i was 16/17 i've done a few diets. The last time I went on one i recall being 12 1/2 stone. This time I'm 15 1/2 stone.

I'm currently a size 18-20 but the last time i did it i was a size 18. Three stone lighter and pretty much the same size!!

When i think about this it really disheartens me :( I think what's the point, three stone lighter and i'll still be fat and frumpy.

I dream for the day i'd be able to be a size 12. i would love that soooooooo much but i don't think it will ever happen :( I really want to go to the shop and feel proud, because at the moment i get embarrassed clothes shopping, i try and avoid going with other people.

Is anyone else similar?

sorry for the rant. just had to let it out!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Littleslimmingbee

Littleslimmingbee Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    SW
    I wouldnt feel dishearted, everyone carrys their weight differently and your body will have changed since being 16/17. you will most deffinatly see an improvment after 3 stone down, how could you not!!!??

when i was loosing weight i always made the effort to try on the next size down when id lost a bit more because i was going on the wieght and size i used to be over the years and in the end i gave up and didnt do that anymore, as it could be really dissapointing when i expected to be back in a size 14 when i was a certain wieght, because thats what i was 2 years before, but couldnt now despite loosing...

it all happens in its own time, and hard work is always rewarded.. xxxxxx

4. daisydoo

daisydoo Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st3lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(3.27%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Becca wecca - as the saying goes "if you dream it then you can achieve it" just believe in yourself. Youve already lost weight and the 15 1/2 stones is already history. Your are now chipping away at the next stone and well done. Think of yourself as a sculpture and just keep chipping away at it until you reveal your own masterpiece. I dont think you ever have to be frumpy whatever size you are, ive seen some really gorgous, glamorous ladies who are size 18/20 but with your weight loss you will be improving your overall health too. well done on your progress so far :) x x p.s depending where i buy my clothes i can be 3 different sizes so its just a number in a garment really.

Lonestitcher likes this.
  5. Becca Wecca

Becca Wecca skinny minny here I come!

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks for your replys made me feel a bit better xx

6. sham88

sham88 free2bme

Start Weight:
    15st8lb
    Current Weight:
    15st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.67%)
    Diet:
    Paleo/Clean
    i feel your pain at my heaviest i was 15st 10lbs and size 20 clothes, im now 14st and my clothes dont feel any looser, i still cant comfortably fit into most size 18 clothes and its disheartening me a bit, they say between 10 and 14lbs is a dress size, i suppose its just different with everybody.

7. JulesyR

JulesyR Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st13lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(10.4%)
    Diet:
    SW
    I have given up caring about the sizes - I am a genuine 12 in some clothes but find a 16 uncomfortably tight in others!

As others say your body shape / make up changes as you get older - for example we loose muscle, which weighs twice what fat does but takes up the same space.:( Maybe adding some toning exercise would help.....

8. Meli

Meli Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st11.6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    It's so bizarre that I have 2 jeans that fit me nicely...one is a size 20 and another is a size 16, so I really wouldn't go by sizes as each store is really different in the way they shape their clothes!

9. JulesyR

JulesyR Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st13lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(10.4%)
    Diet:
    SW
    just thought I would add this image following my earlier post: this is 5lbs of fat vs 5lbs of muscle - same on the scales, half the size to the eye!!:D

Attached Files:

10. MrsSlimToBeSample

MrsSlimToBeSample Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st2lb
    Current Weight:
    17st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7.5lb(2.95%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    ooo wow thats interesting!

I really think they should make it a kind of Law to have all sizing universal like

a 14 is xx inches
    a 16 is xx inches

etc so then you know a 14 is a 14 where ever you buy it from. Dont know how right it is bbut my mum said when she was younger (she has always been a 10) & she could get a 10 from any shop & it would fit and now it ranges from 8 to 12 depending where she goes. I wonder what made them change!

11. twiggy88

twiggy88 Member

Start Weight:
    9st10lb
    Current Weight:
    8st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(12.5%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    im exactly the same, went clothes shopping last week, and i was bewildered when i got home and realised i have bought 3 items, from 3 different shops, a size 10 skirt, a size 12 pair of trousers and a size 14 pair of trousers?????????? bloody shop sizes should all be standardised! :mad:

12. robsterswife

robsterswife Tummy Mummy

Start Weight:
    14st3lb
    Current Weight:
    10st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4lb(23.12%)
    I think it's because stores use alot of cheap foreign labour and the sizes are more the sizing of the country of origin iygwim?

13. mumtheshopper

mumtheshopper Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(1.15%)
    Diet:
    WW
    I think sizes ahve increased too though. At 15 and about 10 stone I ws a good size 16/18. Now at 41 and over 11stone, I am a 14/16. I think as ladies ahve got bigger, so have sizes.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.