question about healthy extras please

mummy2beslim

taking one day at a time
with the extra easy plan you only get one extra a and b

I was wondering if I could use half of my dairy choice as half of the milk which I usually have 350ml skimmed or unsweetened soya milk, and half a 42g reduced fat cheddar cheese.

That would be: 175g skimmed milk and 21g gfy cheese as one hxa? what do you think?

HEX dont work like that ,or so I am told, you have to use it all on the one thing,dont know whay difference it would make but would you be prepared to take a chance,I would be to scared

I think as long as you're halving the recommended weights it won't be a problem. Its more to do with the calcium content for Option A anyway not the food you get it from.

I do it all the time and it hasn't affected me yet. When or if it does, then I'll stop. Like Rachella, I sometimes only have about 100ml of milk so I'll have 2 babybel light to make up the other 2/3 of my HEX A.

I sometimes do it with Bs as well - ie 1 slice of bread from 400g loaf and 1 Alpen Light.

I agree with the others, I can't see it being a problem - the point of the Hex A is to make sure you get your daily requirement of calcium, I think, so as long as you halve the amounts correctly it's all good :)

I do that with bread/crackers as well! So I may have a slice of WW bread and 3 Ryvits Crackerbreads (the full allowance for those crackerbreads is 6 which I can't always stomach to be honest!)

They look like this (took my a while to find them at the shops!)
18-48-crackerbread.jpg

ooo i like them!! they are my favs, may try them as a HB with Laughing cow at work...if i can ever get back in there!!!

i only have about one or two cups of tea a day so i use my milk as syns then have the cheese as hexa however if you are nto having a hex b my consultants says you can still use cheese as a hex b like you do on green days

I'm on my 7th day of a completely extra easy week and I've done that. With both a and b, never thought anything of it! Hope it's ok to do! Been having half milk and half cheese then half Alpen Light or 1 weetabix and 1 400g slice bread. Will double check this is ok tonight with the guru.

Back