• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

question about healthy extras please

mummy2beslim

taking one day at a time
with the extra easy plan you only get one extra a and b

I was wondering if I could use half of my dairy choice as half of the milk which I usually have 350ml skimmed or unsweetened soya milk, and half a 42g reduced fat cheddar cheese.

That would be: 175g skimmed milk and 21g gfy cheese as one hxa? what do you think?

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

eye6769

Vegetarian who lives2eat
HEX dont work like that ,or so I am told, you have to use it all on the one thing,dont know whay difference it would make but would you be prepared to take a chance,I would be to scared

I think as long as you're halving the recommended weights it won't be a problem. Its more to do with the calcium content for Option A anyway not the food you get it from.

I do it all the time and it hasn't affected me yet. When or if it does, then I'll stop. Like Rachella, I sometimes only have about 100ml of milk so I'll have 2 babybel light to make up the other 2/3 of my HEX A.

I sometimes do it with Bs as well - ie 1 slice of bread from 400g loaf and 1 Alpen Light.

LadyHelen

No Coffee, No Workee
I agree with the others, I can't see it being a problem - the point of the Hex A is to make sure you get your daily requirement of calcium, I think, so as long as you halve the amounts correctly it's all good :)

I sometimes do it with Bs as well - ie 1 slice of bread from 400g loaf and 1 Alpen Light.
I do that with bread/crackers as well! So I may have a slice of WW bread and 3 Ryvits Crackerbreads (the full allowance for those crackerbreads is 6 which I can't always stomach to be honest!)

They look like this (took my a while to find them at the shops!)

LittleMissCupcake

Minimins is the best!
I do that with bread/crackers as well! So I may have a slice of WW bread and 3 Ryvits Crackerbreads (the full allowance for those crackerbreads is 6 which I can't always stomach to be honest!)

They look like this (took my a while to find them at the shops!)
ooo i like them!! they are my favs, may try them as a HB with Laughing cow at work...if i can ever get back in there!!!

i only have about one or two cups of tea a day so i use my milk as syns then have the cheese as hexa however if you are nto having a hex b my consultants says you can still use cheese as a hex b like you do on green days

I'm on my 7th day of a completely extra easy week and I've done that. With both a and b, never thought anything of it! Hope it's ok to do! Been having half milk and half cheese then half Alpen Light or 1 weetabix and 1 400g slice bread. Will double check this is ok tonight with the guru.