Question about HeB and syns?

♥αмy♥

Hey all, if anyone could help me out here that would be great :)

I'm following the EE plan, for the first time one of my food diaries were returned to me that I had handed into my consultant at class.

I was of the understanding that we were allowed to have 2 slices of wholemeal bread from a 400g loaf as a healthy extra B each day (each slice weighing 30g), but my consultant has written +2 syns beside each entry I had made of this. I thought that by using the bread as a healthy extra it didn't count as syns? I would have spoken to her myself but there were a few people waiting to ask questions and I couldn't wait around after class

x

No, I'm with you on this - I'd ring or text your C and ask for her reason for allocating any syns.

Yes that is a puzzle unless you had already used your b allowances for the day? Thats the only thing I could think of. Think we are all wondering on that one! :)

Thanks so much for replies! :)

I'm glad now that I asked here, I thought I would have to stop using the bread as my healthy extra :p

I'll continue to use it and ask her about it in image therapy at the next class :)

Hey all, if anyone could help me out here that would be great :)

I'm following the EE plan, for the first time one of my food diaries were returned to me that I had handed into my consultant at class.

I was of the understanding that we were allowed to have 2 slices of wholemeal bread from a 400g loaf as a healthy extra B each day (each slice weighing 30g), but my consultant has written +2 syns beside each entry I had made of this. I thought that by using the bread as a healthy extra it didn't count as syns? I would have spoken to her myself but there were a few people waiting to ask questions and I couldn't wait around after class

x

What about posting one of the day's that she's marked-up. .We could have a sqizz and try to work out what she appears to have seen. T
The +2 syns is curious because if she had her '800g loaf head on', she should have annotated +6 syns as you'd have doubled your allowance for EE (OK on red or green if you weren't having any other HEb that day).

Thank you minimunchkins :)

Here's an example of exactly what I had on one of the days:

2lnbqld.png

The bread was marked +2 syns, she also added that for the gravy it was a very tiny amount of syns calculated, that was for 100ml made up I checked it out on the website first and that's all I had

Hey all, my groups weigh in was tonight.. I was down 2lb and got my first stone award :D

Brought up this question during image therapy, apparently the slimming world book and guide was printed for the UK, and in the UK 400g wholemeal bread loaves are not full sized slices so 2 can be used as a healthy extra. My C said that even though the loaf says 400g here in Ireland they are still full sized slices (some brands) and she had just assumed it was those full sized slices that I had.

I'm glad now that I chose the weightwatchers brand, because 2 of those slices are free as a healthy extra :)

Phew! Thats good to know! Was worrying a lil when i read your first post lol.. =D

Back