Question about Ketosis

mellowman

I've been on Atkins for a week, lost 8lbs and have little appetite, have sweet tasting breath smell when I wake up, didn't go dizzy at all though. I've not eaten anything I wasn't supposed to (hope not anyway) but when I 'use' the Ketostix I bought there is very little difference in colour.

Do they work for everyone? Feels like I'm in Ketosis, not noticed the "yellow pee" yet as I drink lots and lots of water so it's always clear.

Or am I not in Ketosis and just lost the weight due to lack of Carbs, exercise and drinking an ocean amount of water?

well having lost 8 lbs you are in ketosis ....some members don t like ketostix ......... but i love them ,dont rely on them go by othe rindicators such as weight loss ............well done x

Cool, thanks.
I know the weight loss will slow down after the 1st week or so, I'm prepared for some weeks it'll only be 2lb or maybe none at all, I'll average it out over the month. I plan on staying in this stage for a month or so, my next step is to work out some proper low carb meals as I'm getting a bit fed up of omlettes and bacon (never, ever thought I'd say that :)

Wow 8lbs, you don't need a Ketostix to tell you what your body already knows! Congrats. :D

Well done Mellow that's a great loss!

The funny breath means you probably are in ketosis. I don't use the stix because I know from breath and wee when I am in keto - but a lot of people do like them.

Good luck!

Well done on the loss - dont worry about the sticks!

Chances are if ur drinking plenty of water etc (n u say u r as ur pee is clear) then there may well not be enough ketones left in ur urine to register on the sticks. This doesn't mean ur not in ketosis though :)

Back