Question about leftovers

Honeyoc

Is a crunchy mama!
Hi people! I've had this on my mind for a while and would love to hear your opinions about it.

If you cook a meal for dinner with a healthy extra allowance incorporated in the meal and you don't finish it but count what you ate as a full HEX, if you have the leftovers the next day would you count it as free or re-count the HEX in it?

For example, I make a fried rice dish for dinner with 1 tbsp olive oil (HEB) and I eat 3/4 of the meal but count what I ate as a full HEX. If I had the leftover 1/4 of the meal the next day should I count it as 1/4 HEB or call it free as I counted what I ate the night before as a full HEX? What do you think?

I thought if you didn't have all your hex in the one day, not just one meal then you have to syn it. It was explained that if you make a scan bran cake that was, say, 14 syns, and had a slice every day, it was no longer a hex but 2 syns per day and something else should be your hex. However if you had the whole cake in a day and took off the scan bran as hex (5syns for 5) then you would count 9 syns for that day. Think it would be the same for any hex including oil. Not sure if that's correct but that's how our C explained it.

You probably 'shouldn't' carry it over officially but I think in the bigger picture of the week if you have allowed yourself the hex as long as you don't have more than that then I can't see why it would be a problem.
If I make sw quiche with cheese on top on day 1 and don't eat it all on day 1 I still count it as day 1's hex.It probbly could be considered a tweak but isn't that better than having to eat all the food because its got my hex on it?

I've never really understood the rule that you can't carry HEX's over, I get that it wouldn't be good if you saved them for other days but when you can carry syns over it seems a bit silly that the rules one HEX are so strict :/

I think it's because your helathy extras are supposed to be your DAILY allowance of fibre / calcium etc - I always eat all mine so I've never thought about it but by splitting them and carrying them over etc it would make things far too complicated.
If I was using olive oil in a dish I would probably syn it and have a different healthy extra .

I'd just eat it and count it as free. It's pretty much negligible anyway.

The "syn if you don't eat it" is a bit of a consultant thing in some areas. In the SW FAQ's it says you don't have to eat all your healthy extras but it is advisable, and it says nothing about synning it.

We used to get told if you didn't eat the scan bran with porridge oats then you'd have to syn the porridge. Yeah right.

In my opinion, it's not worth worrying about.

Back