Question about Movicol

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Vanilla, 13 January 2011 Social URL.

1. Vanilla

Vanilla Wanna Be Skinny

Well lots of people they recommend Movicol as a relief of constipation , i went to Boots yesterday and bought a box of 30 sachets and i drank 3 as it said 3 per day even though i didn't drink it same time but nothing happens and today too i drank 3 sachets in different hours but still nothing, is it me or something wrong with them? I really want to go to the toilets please helpppppppppp.....and i had 2.5litres of water

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. determinator

determinator Banned

it can take a few days to start working , but it does work , and maybe up your water intake as it needs quite a bit of water to work

4. Chelly

Chelly Full Member

i use dulcolax (think thats how it spelt) took one last night and urm yeah def worked this morning :p lol

5. determinator

determinator Banned

movicol and dulcolax work in very different ways , Dulcolax works on the gut speeding it up and forcing things through , i find it gives me horrendous cramps , movicol softnes what is there and helps it to be 'passed' , it is gentler but more effective in the long run if you are very bunged up as if you try and force a blockage it can become much worse :(
    give movicol another day and up your water , hope this helps

6. Vanilla

Vanilla Wanna Be Skinny

Thanx ladies i'll do that let hope tomorrow my bowels will start moving because i can only hears rumbling on my tummy but nothing more since yesterday

7. Jayellekay

Jayellekay this time - the last time

Is dulolax tablet form? I have movidol, but worried about drinking it. It might put me off water, and I'm doing quite well with it at the moment.

8. Chelly

Chelly Full Member

yes dulcolax is a tablet they are so small you dont even need water to take them they just slide down :)

9. Jayellekay

Jayellekay this time - the last time

Thanks I might try tomorrow as soon as I can get to a chemist. I have pains right now as this now becoming an issue!

10. Chelly

Chelly Full Member

you basically take one/two depending on how bad it is (i took 2) before bed then within 12 hours voila! lol