question abouts syns per day

I am starting SW on Wednesday, but am doing lots of reading and reseach to get me prepared.....

Am curious, does your weight depend on how many syns per day are reccomended? I know that on WW your points per day is based on your start weight...

Most of the reading I have done on here people seem to have under 10 syns per day, which from what I have gathered if 1 sin = 20 cals, around 200 cals extra per day for any naughty treats...It seems like nothing! Im worried I wont be able to stick to this long term if one night I want a blow out and it comes in at 7000 syns lol! I am starting out at the 19 stone mark so my weight loss is going to be different to someone who is starting at say 11 stone..just curious on this one...

Also, I've seen a few people say that it's bad to save syns? Is that the majority view?

Last question, the appeal of slimming world to me was the free food, but a lot of people's food diaries seem very restricted...

Im not silly, I know you cant eat and eat and lose weight but the 7 day menu plan on the site and the recipies on the website look great but dont seem to be what most people are eating, which seems more like either mainly "diet food" or very low calorie. I only ask because I thought SW would be better for me but Im starting to think WW might be a bit more realistic for me.....

Just any advice would be good. I plan to eat mainly lean meat, fruit, veg, fish, and cut out as much processed food and junk as possible...haha I make it sound so easy!!!

Good luck on your 2013 journeys :)

Everyone gets between 5 and 15 syns a day and its not related to weight so you can use as many as you want. Most people that I know seem to work to around 10-15 a day. Some people prefer to have fewer during the week so they can have more at the weekend and that works well for some people. SW say it is fine to do that as long as you dont mind having fewer for the rest of the week

Im not sure whose diaries you are looking at but I think most people on here do not restrict their food intake as that goes against SW - free food is there for you to fill up on and its an essential part of the plan. That said you do need to use a bit of common sense by not stuffing your face with food just because it is free and making sure you try and get your superfree foods in will help with portion control as well

Good luck!

Hi!

I know that I don't use all my syns per day because I feel too full and the food that I do have on SW takes away the craving.

Eg: I have a terrible sweet tooth so I used to binge a lot on chocolate and sweets but the amount of fruit I'm eating at the moment is satisfying that! There's even chocolate in the fridge that I haven't touched, where usually it'd be gone in moments!

The only thing I have had to have some will power about is alcohol. That creeps up on you! I used to drink cider but that's around 15syns/drink so changed it to spirit and diet mixer for 2.5syns, even then though if I'm on a binge I like to have a non alcoholic drink between so I don't use them all up too quickly!

All in all it's quite an easy diet to handle as long as you are willing to cook and also willing to change, just like any other diet you will always need will power. And when best to start but in a new year :)

Back