Question - CD & the coil

Kippaxmum

Back on the wagon
Hi Ladies,
I am hoping someone can answer this for me. I started on the CD 10 days ago (and am just having chicken & mushroom soup) I had a coil fitted last november and havent had a monthly since. However, bizzarely, since starting on the CD, I started bleeding at the weekend (tmi) and just wondered if the CD could have caused it???
Dont know if anyone will know but it would be good to hear from others.
Donna
xxx

I don't know specifially about the coil, but my periods are usually all over the place with CD.

I don't know the technical whys and wherefores, but someone knowledgeable will be along soon!

I'd love to know why CD does this to us too!!

:D

The bleeding is caused by the VLCD upsetting your hormones.

There is mention of this on the main Cambridge site FAQ's but we cannot get into it at the moment.

My Period started 2 weeks early and has been going for over 1 week!! I am on the pill and this has never happened to me!

Hey,

Mine are all over the place too ..... sorry hun, but the weight loss is sure worth it!! Hang in there, it does settle down apparently!!

x

So its not just me then! lol. I had got so used to not having them as well!
Never mind, I am sure my body will get used to it!
xxx

Yeap it's the diet upsetting your hormones, i had the same whilst SS, had the coil for over 7 yrs, no period, starting CD and started to get showing, nothing too much, checked it out with my CDC and also my doctor, who both said it was due to the diet, since maintenance my hormones settled down and back to no periods, don't worry it seems normal whilst on CD.

Hiya Kippax mum

I have the coil fitted aswell (the Mirena one), and its been in place for 4 years now, I do have occasional bleeding anyway but it is only very occasional, I've done CD before but never got beyond a week but I didn't have any bleeding during the times that I've done it, I would imagine it prob is the diet but it should settle down

one thing tho as we don't get TOTM does this mean we won't get the weight plateau that you normally get?, I do still sometimes get PMT symptoms even tho I don't get the bleeding, bizarrely!

Hey,

Mine are all over the place too ..... sorry hun, but the weight loss is sure worth it!! Hang in there, it does settle down apparently!!

x

I am sure it will
x

Having been as regular as clockwork -

The first two months I was four days late each time.

The last one I was 13 days LATE!!

Mine hasn't settled down!

mommysue - I bled a fair bit to start with but then it settled and now is only rarely, thats a real bummer it's not the case for you and I don't blame you for having it out, I tried the implant before the coil and I was bleeding non stop on that so had that taken out, I guess we each react differently to these things, but the coil for me is the best thing I ever had, I'll definitely have another one in next year

Sterilisation is only tying the tubes - they don't take anything out!

Usually done by laparoscopy nowadays.

Just my twopennorth - but I've just had my mirena removed after 10 months as it might have stopped my periods (unless of course, I was SSing!!!!) but it sent me absolutely schizoparanoid! I've never known depression like it! Oh and the weight gain! Oh and the constant PMT feeling!!!

It's back to the good old copper, no-nonsense, no synthetic hormones, mechanical gadget for me now and I've snapped back into myself within a couple of days!! Brilliant!

xx

be glad to get mne out ! only thing is they have lost the threads. was scanned after 5 weeks..... they gone right up !!!!!! the whole thing has been a nightmare but they cant say i didnt try . wondering if when its out maybe i will losse weight quicker ????

Oh what a pain for you!! I could feel my threads (erm so could me fella! EEK!) as they were so spikey - yuk! I'm sure they'll be able to retrieve the pesky thing but it might take a bit of a poke around :(!

From what the ladies on Discovery Health have been saying - loads of them have lost weight post-removal without even trying!! My doctor said I would too (but am SSing anyway just to make sure!) - so I'm totally sure it will really help.

Hope you feel better soon!

xx

Have to say the mirena is one of the best decisions I've ever made!! Haven't had a period for about 6 years (apart from the couple of months in between removal of the first and fitting of the second) - mood swings gone..... Never noticed any weight gain particularly, but I have to say the peace of mind it gives me would be worth a few pounds! The fear of pregnancy far outweighs the fear of weight gain in my book!?!

Mirena = Liberty :D

Have to say the mirena is one of the best decisions I've ever made!! Haven't had a period for about 6 years (apart from the couple of months in between removal of the first and fitting of the second) - mood swings gone..... Never noticed any weight gain particularly, but I have to say the peace of mind it gives me would be worth a few pounds! The fear of pregnancy far outweighs the fear of weight gain in my book!?!

Mirena = Liberty :D

It's great that the mirena has worked for you! I'm jealous lol!:cry:

xx

Back