Question for maintainers..

JaneN

How do you find it?

Do you still replace meals and just have a dinner or how do you manage it?

I have a history of over eating, it took me a long time to admit that, even at 17stone I'd say I don't eat that much. But the wrong things, and too large serving sizes add up.

I have yo-yo'd a bit the last year between 12 and 14.5 stone, as I'm good for a while then not others. I'm a sucker for puddings, so would happily have shakes / bars for breakfast lunch if I could have a small dinner and a pudding after. I don't know if this is kidding myself or an option to manage my weight later. I find meal replacements have worked for me before as there is a 'no eating' rule that works for me, so if I put this into my day at maintenance I think it could work. I don't eat after 8pm and often until 12pm as a form of 'intermittent fasting' (16/8) in normal life too. Trying to start thinking of the future to keep me strong when I get there. I'm 41 and admitted a few years ago weight is a lifelong battle for me. I refuse to be beaten by it!

Hey,

I can relate to this. Although I'm not at goal due to health reasons I have had to stop cambridge. My plan Is to continue to have a shake or something for breakfast. Its nice and easy and fast. I might then have a bar for lunch at uni/ work. Then a main meal, I want to stick to smaller portions. Buying a new set of plates helps. Also just remembering what a portion size is. I only ever have three potatoes ish or two if they are large baby boils/boiled. And then my 80g of allowed veg with a protein.

After I came out of my back op, I have been having issues. I can't fill the steamer my self or use the oven. But I can use the microwave. I have been cutting the micro meal in half, and eating it with 80g of veg. So far its working out. I plan to start steaming chicken when I can. and having that with seasoning.

Nothing better though, than a big hearty main meal! especially in the winter when its cold and horrid.

I have found the water flavouring can make a good soup ( the golden veg) with my 80g of veg and my chicken. It makes a good pint of soup. Makes a good luch or tea or both.
Good luck with it :)

Back