Question for those who have been maintaining a while

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by Dancing, 10 October 2007 Social URL.

1. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

I just wonder if you manage to eat foods you REALLY love the taste of and are considered not so healthy/triggers (eg pizza, bread, hard cheeses)?

Do you have to avoid your trigger foods completely or learn to control how much you eat when you eat them?

....... I'm just thinking I would hate to have a life without ever having a guilt-free experience of cheese and bread/crackers again .....
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. Just Do It

Just Do It Full Member

Current Weight:
    Dancing, the cheese and biscuits are exactly the sort of thing I am wondering about. Just seeing them mentioned makes me drool. Or rather my biggest question is can I ever control myself and eat them again?
  4. icemoose

icemoose The Diet Guy

Don't diet anymore!
    Oh my word guys!! Of course you can eat food like that again.

Eating healthy after all this diet stuff is over doesn't mean salad and sawdust :)

After the diet has finished it is all about moderation and not abstination.

I have maintained now for 18 months since finishing a VLCD and I still have pizza, cheese and biscuits, just not as often as before and not as big portions.

Mini likes this.
  5. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

what a relief ... and I just got a whiff of garlic and thought "garlic bread" .. please tell me I can eat garlic bread again. I'll stop all this mention of food now and will sleep easy knowing they aren't out of my life forever.
  6. icemoose

icemoose The Diet Guy

Don't diet anymore!
    lol garlic bread is fine Dancing.

As an example I went to Spud'U'Like last weekend and had a lovely Chillli Spud and I had a nice big slice of garlic bread!! (I bought a portion of garlic bread and split it between my 3 year old and my 8 year old).

7. nixx

nixx Full Member

Of course you can! I lost 4 st 9 on LT and I'm eating what I want now - just being sensible about portion sizes. I follow WW because I can't trust myself not to overeat without some structre, but I do it to maintain, not to lose. It helps keep me on the traigh and narrow, but allows me to eat what I like, instead of cottage cheese and crispbread, tuna salad or lean chicken and plain veg (although i DO like those last two anyway!).
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.