question for you all

kirsty2012

is gonna shine in 2009
you know how, ww bread and kingsmill 50/50 etc are 0.5pts each but have two together and they count as 1.5pts instead of 1pt.......do you count them as 1pt or 1.5. I used to just count as one but since been back on i have been counting as 1.5. So confusing when they do that

I have to admit I count them at 0.5 per slice and if I have 2 I count it as 1. Ive never quite understood why they should be counted as 1.5 for 2 slices when theyre half a point each.

I've been told its cos they are 0.7 points a slice but rounded down to 0.5 so two together would 1.4pts so they round that up to 1.5pts. Soooo confusing. I must admit when i counted them as 1pts i still lost weight etc, i think maybe it evens out because somethings you eat during the day may be 0.3pts but are rounded up to 0.5 am i making sense lol

And the official answer from the WW magazine is:
"We give food a points value to the nearest half, so we either round them up or down. A slice of WW low cal bread has a points value of just under 3/4, which rounds down to 1/2. But the nearest points value we can give two slices is 1 and a 1/2. There are other foods this applies to, including ordinary bread. One 35g slice has a points value of 1, whereas two slices rounds up to 2 and a 1/2. But it doesn't always round up-one medium egg has a points value of 1 and a 1/2, but two round down to a points value of 2 and a 1/2. "
Clear as mud really then! Hope this helps. x

Same here. That rather confused me, so I'm going to pretend I never even read it, and shall continue doing what I've been doing so far! It seems to be working and that's all I'm bothered about.
And at the end of the day, is half a point here and there really going to have a huge impact over the course of a week? I doubt it, especially if like me, you like to stockpile a few points to fall back on. And like Kirsty said, it should hopefully even itself out anyway.
*throws Weight Watchers magazine in the bin*

lol opened a right can of worms here lol I'm just gonna ignore and count as they add up i lost 3st doing it that way before. so ner ner WW

just to confuse the issue even more !
i point to my advantage !
ie if 1 of some thing is 1 point but 2 is 2.5 point i'll count it individually. If 1of something is 1 point but 2 is 1.5 points i'll count it for the 2 !
make sence ?
xx

Oh the other thing Ive found - sometimes working out per 100g instead of per item works out better!

For instance Chicken satay sticks are something like 20 cals & 0.1 fat or something mad like that so almost no points. If you point them on the calculator they come up as 0.5 so a box of 16 is 8 points. HOWEVER if you work out the points per 100g then its 3 points per 100g & a box is 200g so the same box is only 6 points :giggle:

oh god my head hurts lol

its all about tweeking it to suit you & make the most of your points, whichever way makes the least points is how i use the calculation !
xx

Oh my god just look what an exciting thread Ive missed!! LOL

Starlight Im with you hun .. if it works out at 0.5 for 1 slice I would defo count it as 1 point for 2!

xx

Back