Question on exercise!

bex!

Back on the diet train...
Hey guys

So I'm on day 44 and I've been 100%! :) but I've still been lazy in terms of movement!

Now I got fat because I love food and hate exercise but as I'm losing the lard now, I don't want to get saggy etc! I'm not going through all this to end up with yards of excess skin if I can help it ;)

So can anyone offer advice on how I should start? Baring in mind my legs think the only time they need to move is when changing gears! Lol.

I've started walking my dogs (ok today's the 1st day) but anything else like sit ups etc. Also firming creams?

Any advice appreciated!! :D I will look good in a bikini! ;)

xox

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Start off gently then when your weight loss slows down you can add to it.
To do it safely and not strain yourself you could start walking - not a hike but currently I do twenty mins three times a week round the village at a pace that has me out of breath. I walk everywhere else though but as I have kids with me it's all stop start!
Swimming is low impact and will work you out all over. You only have to worry about getting in and out of the water once you are in you are the same as everyone!!
I've borrowed both a mountain bike and exercise bike from friends to introduce next week. Ask friends you'll be surprised who has what. I'm thinking a twenty min ride around the village a couple of times a week at first and the using ex bike when I can't get out.
Most importantly I've been doing toning exercises - arm exercises I got online and tummy crunches and I have already noticed a difference in shape. I also have a step which I use for around four minutes up and down lol but I'm building on this. I have a skipping rope too for when I've lost a bit more.
Best of all I put on a music channel and have twenty minutes nipping around - the kids join in too - making sure I'm a lil out if breath and always moving and this I find fun.
It doesn't have to cost much but I suggest you try and find things you like so you are more likely to do them and succeed!!
I'm also downloading a workout DVD - there is also wii and going to the gym but I don't know I'd like the gym anymore hence the above. Let me know how you get on!!! Xx

Also any cream is better than none. If you can find a good firming cream let me know - at the moment I'm just using genetic cocoa butter (says it's firming) from boots and bio oil to help reduce the scarabs have already but any I may gain from loosing weight quite quickly (stretch marks) plus it does wonders for your skin. If you are short on time you can make a mixture in your hand and slather it on.

Cheers hun

I'm currently walking the dogs twice a day but walking at a brisk pace. I'm want to lose another 3st then I'm going to start swimming (my costume is far too small and I refuse to buy one ;)) I'm hoping to increase my walking as I lose more until eventually I can jog/run. :) a bike sounds like a good idea. I've also got a DVD so I can do the tummy exercises.

I've bought some palmers firming cream that says is for pregnancy and weight loss so hope it works.

Fingers crossed :D

xox

Im on my eighth week now and as the weight loss is slowing I find it really kick starts again if I do some excercise, I do a 40 minute run twice a week and two hours of high impact zumba, just remember to up your water intake accordingly, good luck xx

I can't get motivated to exercise, the thought of going swimming makes me want to scream. Not because of my size just the fact its so bloody cold! I WILL start the C25K when the evenings get lighter (warmer). I think its does make a big difference to your weight loss so maybe I'll dust off the WII Fit tonight! :)

I've been doing D.I.Y and scraping off layers off wallpaper which is jiggering me out big time. Think after week one is out of the way though will try to get doing some more walking & drag out my very dusty stepper! :)

congrats on your weight loss so far....def get moving but do something you kno youll stick to, walking dog great. try to do some toning too....either class or dvd. I'm putting on lots of cream in hope it will help my skin....pregnancy in reverse. lol:)

Thanks for the replies everyone. :)

I'm taking the dogs out but that's as far as my brain/body will go at the mo!! Lol. I have dug out my tone up trainers so let's see if they help. ;)

Just gota take each day as it comes and hope the exercise bug hits. :D

xox

Back